The official site of Clan TMMM
 
HomeHomeSearchUsergroupsFAQRegisterLog in


Latest topics
» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
by hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» Hey whats up
by Eat_bacon_daily Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:24 am

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
by Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
by Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
by Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
by Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

» What everyone been up to
by The_Chosen_Oreo Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:55 am

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
26%
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
35%
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
19%
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
10%
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
10%
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

Share | 
 

 [Parents] Banned Help

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
AmAzIn[G]232
Corporal
Corporal
avatar


PostSubject: [Parents] Banned Help   Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:29 am

My parents banned me from the new computer because they think I crashed the old one while playing war3.
They believe that War3 causes virus's and shit.

Can anyone help me prove there stupid so I can dl good games on this computer >.>.

Fucking bullcrap.

I'll prolly have to wait like a week or two before I can start playing war3 again because of this bullshit unless someone helps me prove its virus free (or does their best trying to do so) :/

I mean the motherboard crashed last time.
Maybe it was war3 :/
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: [Parents] Banned Help   Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:58 pm

my parents tried something like that awhile ago. don't bother trying to say something technical, that'll just piss em off. i went with a half truth that was something like "games aren't allowed to cause viruses by law." not entirely true, but nothing would sink a game that costs money faster than it being a virus.

in wars case there was the potential for other ppl turning it into a virus, but they fixed that and there isn't a new way that i know of.

also this is hilarious
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: [Parents] Banned Help   Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:10 pm

Take them somewhere with someone that looks professional and have him explain it to them

Honestly though i dont think it will matter what you do, the "We dont want you using ______ because it causes viruses" that your parents say seems like just a made up reason that they tell you in order for you to stop/slow you from complaining to them about not being able to use it

Even if you compiled dozens of good and proven reason for why commercially available legitimately bought games dont cause viruses they will either dismiss it, or come up with a new reason for why you cant play
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
avatar


PostSubject: Re: [Parents] Banned Help   Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:19 pm

yeah i agree with pat, just in a less intelligent sounding way.

if you do go with what seren said, and pat turns out to be right, you should tell them how having a release from work (such as games) is virtually essential to productive life. find some study that backs it up, and present it in a way that puts you in a good light.
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]232
Corporal
Corporal
avatar


PostSubject: Re: [Parents] Banned Help   Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:11 pm

Pat1487 wrote:
Take them somewhere with someone that looks professional and have him explain it to them

Honestly though i dont think it will matter what you do, the "We dont want you using ______ because it causes viruses" that your parents say seems like just a made up reason that they tell you in order for you to stop/slow you from complaining to them about not being able to use it

Even if you compiled dozens of good and proven reason for why commercially available legitimately bought games dont cause viruses they will either dismiss it, or come up with a new reason for why you cant play

Yeah my dad said I don't give a shit if you found a dozen reasons why.
I think they hate computer + amaz.

There fags.

Anyhow, go ahead and compile a dozen of good and proven reasons why commercially available legitimately bought games don't cause viruses please.
This would help a lot.

To seren ---> Good point, but my parents prolly don't give a shit. They normally crack around 3 or 4 good reasons.
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
avatar


PostSubject: Re: [Parents] Banned Help   Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:57 pm

Just say its illogical to add a virus because then the companie would get no money from game sales - what seren said

If it did, everyone would sue causeing even a larger loss in money

there is no way it has a virus
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: [Parents] Banned Help   Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:39 pm

AmAzIn[G]232 wrote:
Yeah my dad said I don't give a shit if you found a dozen reasons why.

To seren ---> Good point, but my parents prolly don't give a shit. They normally crack around 3 or 4 good reasons.

That doesnt make sense
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
avatar


PostSubject: Re: [Parents] Banned Help   Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:00 pm

Pat1487 wrote:
AmAzIn[G]232 wrote:
Yeah my dad said I don't give a shit if you found a dozen reasons why.

To seren ---> Good point, but my parents prolly don't give a shit. They normally crack around 3 or 4 good reasons.

That doesnt make sense

It does if you don't look at the literal translation.
I'm saying that my dad's actions differ from his words.
He might say he won't crack if I give him a lot of good reasons as to why war3 doesn't cause virus's (have virsus's), but he deff will crack if I give him a few good ones as to why it doesn't.

Sorry for the confusion. I assumed you were intelligent.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: [Parents] Banned Help   Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:58 pm

Thats not the part i was referring to

Your dad said he doesnt give a shit, then you say they probably dont give a shit
If he doesnt give a shit he wont care what you say, so why would them probably not giving a shit mean that they would crack after 3 or 4 reasons like you say in the 2nd line

Unless your referring to not giving a shit to 2 different things, in which case, learn to express yourself better without always using the phrase "give a shit"



My whole first post here was about how they are only giving you that reason as a way to shut you up and no matter what you do to convince them it wont make any difference
Which seems to be true
But now that it failed to shut you up, and only caused you to give reasons why it doesnt have viruses, your dad said he doesnt care
So theres no reason to beleive what he said isnt true

They might eventually crack simply because you wont shut up about it, but your wasting time coming up with legit and valid reasons for why games dont cause viruses
It seems like they dont know much about computers, and they seem to not care enough about your reasons to check your facts, so you dont need to waste time with true and well researched reasons

Or you could get at the real reason why they are blocking you
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]232
Corporal
Corporal
avatar


PostSubject: Re: [Parents] Banned Help   Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:58 pm

Pat1487 wrote:
Thats not the part i was referring to

Your dad said he doesnt give a shit, then you say they probably dont give a shit
If he doesnt give a shit he wont care what you say, so why would them probably not giving a shit mean that they would crack after 3 or 4 reasons like you say in the 2nd line

Unless your referring to not giving a shit to 2 different things, in which case, learn to express yourself better without always using the phrase "give a shit"



My whole first post here was about how they are only giving you that reason as a way to shut you up and no matter what you do to convince them it wont make any difference
Which seems to be true
But now that it failed to shut you up, and only caused you to give reasons why it doesnt have viruses, your dad said he doesnt care
So theres no reason to beleive what he said isnt true

They might eventually crack simply because you wont shut up about it, but your wasting time coming up with legit and valid reasons for why games dont cause viruses
It seems like they dont know much about computers, and they seem to not care enough about your reasons to check your facts, so you dont need to waste time with true and well researched reasons

Or you could get at the real reason why they are blocking you

I know the real reason they are blocking me is because I have all of this work including college apps, my art portfolio and other things. But I can't use that as a way to get them to let me get back on the computer... What am I going to say, OH BTW EVEN THO I HAVE A SHIT TON OF WORK CAN I USE UR COMPUTER 4 GAMES LUL?

Now you think, WTF if you have all that work you shouldn't be playing games.
1. Fuck you
2. I need a break every once in a while, I can do like 3-5 hours of work but common everyone likes like an hour for break time ffs.

By giving them true and well researched reasons as to why I can play games on the computer again avoids having to explain that to them, in which case they will most likely say "HAH THATS ALL YOU"VE GOT?" resulting in me not getting the computer back.

-------------------

Anywho, ive just decided to admit defeat and play only on the weekends when its late. So derp.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: [Parents] Banned Help   

Back to top Go down
 
[Parents] Banned Help
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» how to get one muxxu Account back after getting banned. (no Garantee!)
» Banned for TK?
» Why was i banned????UnBan me please...
» *S2K* 0kolepuka Banned?
» Laffy banned again for Valid Reason, by the abusing sind

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan TMMM :: General :: General Help and Tutorials-
Jump to: