The official site of Clan TMMM
 
HomeHomeSearchUsergroupsFAQRegisterLog in


Latest topics
» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
by hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» Hey whats up
by Eat_bacon_daily Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:24 am

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
by Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
by Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
by Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
by Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

» What everyone been up to
by The_Chosen_Oreo Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:55 am

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
26%
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
35%
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
19%
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
10%
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
10%
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

Share | 
 

 oh em gee

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Best Series Ever?
Yes.
83%
 83% [ 5 ]
Definitely.
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6
 

AuthorMessage
Serenity09
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: oh em gee   Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:25 pm

king game

fjkdsla;rewq
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: oh em gee   Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:35 pm

I hope they dont have instances for all the towns/buildings like they did in oblivion
It makes the world feel small and artificial when its like that
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
avatar


PostSubject: Re: oh em gee   Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:50 pm

Doesnt look so great honestly
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: oh em gee   Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:09 pm

its a trailer that doesn't show any gameplay or any graphics...

youre either a terrible troll or you're retarded
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
avatar


PostSubject: Re: oh em gee   Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:21 pm

it doesn't look that great...
And seren wtf, were both basing our opinions off of the only video we've seen for it. and the trailer blowed lol.

Think about it from out perspective.
Your trolling lol!
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: oh em gee   Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:34 pm

thats retarded
you're basing your opinions off of an announcement trailer which barely mentions the plot
i'm basing my excitement for this game off of their past games, which makes sense.
writing this game off cuz you didn't like the last few or you just dont like rpgs in general would make sense, but doing that because of an announcement trailer is 100% grade A retarded.

amaz you say every somebodys trolling in every thread...
this isn't trolling, this is having no patience for stupidity because ive got finals this week.

also if you think about it this is really close to the scc trailer with zeratul haha. stone prophecy + universe burning etc.
Back to top Go down
BackseatDriver
Captain
Captain
avatar


PostSubject: Re: oh em gee   Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:46 pm

Cool cinematic, but ive never heard of the series and i really dot feel like looking up.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: oh em gee   Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:19 am

Wow, how could you have not heard of Elder Scrolls
Do you like RPGS?
Do you know what an RPG is?

Seriously though, if you like RPGs you should check it out, Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind and Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion
Personally i like 3 better, because of what i was talking about in my last post
4 is good, its not as open, but more story driven, it adds alot of new features and physics

3 is a better open RPG, 4 is better all around, but sacrifices some RPG elements

If you could only play one of them i would recommend 4

Back to top Go down
Knight of Gods
Commander
Commander
avatar


PostSubject: Re: oh em gee   Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:05 am

i had never played any of them untill last christmas my parents got my brother random games that an employee at bustbuy recommended, and one of them was Oblivion and i played it for like 60hrs just doing so much random stuff, i was trying to become the master of all the guilds

i ended up beating one of the expansions too but i never did actually beat the main storyline... still had a shitload of fun playing it TOTALLY gonna get the 5th when it comes out (prolly gonna ask for it for next christmas)
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: oh em gee   Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:20 pm

Pat1487 wrote:
Wow, how could you have not heard of Elder Scrolls
Do you like RPGS?
Do you know what an RPG is?

Seriously though, if you like RPGs you should check it out, Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind and Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion
Personally i like 3 better, because of what i was talking about in my last post
4 is good, its not as open, but more story driven, it adds alot of new features and physics

3 is a better open RPG, 4 is better all around, but sacrifices some RPG elements

If you could only play one of them i would recommend 4


I like em about the same but I don't think for the same reasons.
I'm going to talk about both of em for the xbox, because rpgs suck on pc's
I love 3 because you are inherently the man. Like you could do whatever you want and you will always be awesome. Also I really liked the house building / the house guild plot lines.
Last summer I would have said I liked 3 more than 4. Then I played it again and now i think they're about even. 3's main problem is that its so big but in all the cheapest and wrong ways.
To start, there's no fast travel, which normally I wouldn't be against at all, but every damn quest is determined to have you run from 1 end of the map to the other, which is a problem because
a. there's nothing to do along the way but fight the occasional monster and pray that you get there. even the landscape is boring and mostly inaccessible via huge mountains being everywhere. there aren't even that many dungeons to distract you from the tedium. there's a coach system which i really liked, but it only goes around the west and south coast. mage's guild will tele you to one of 6(?) locations all except one or two can be gotten to by coach.
b. You're the slowest mother fucker ever to be born. Just having armor on will probably put you around 50% speed, and if i remember right, one of the best swords weighs ~80 pounds.
While it taking forever to get some place at all might seem like the biggest problem, its too liberal to even assume you're going to get to the place at all. Morrowind doesn't have the compass system in favor of following oral directions, which are confusing when the speaker says them and completely inadequate once theyre stored in your journal. Most of the stuff involves going through a labyrinth of turns on barely visable paths and terrible landmarks. you definitely get a sense of satisfaction finding a place despite every quest giver being piss drunk, but the frustration pretty quickly outweighs that. even if you get a map from online of morrowind, you'll still have difficulty finding some of the stuff which is so hidden you have to wonder who thought it was a good idea in the first place.

you can get around the whole slow/takes forever thing using a combination of cheats (which could be replaced by lots of money i guess) and cleverness, but if you do that then you're basically just making a poor man's fast travel system...

the game does have a mark recall system, which was awesome except that it ended up being used whenever you got a question so you wouldn't spend another hour getting back to the person after you finished it. i think a lot of the game would have been improved if you could have more than 1 mark at a time

3 has a lot of +'s to it though. by the end of it, i was a lot more involved and captured by its plot then in oblivion. not to mention 3 also has the single coolest dungeon ever made. 4 takes everything bad about 3 and makes it a lot better, but most of that stuff (fighting, graphics, voice actors etc) wasn't that important to me so i tend to like em pretty equally.

but yeah, i'd only recommend 3 over 4 for pretty specific ppl since 4 is much more steamlined

Quote :
i had never played any of them untill last christmas my parents got my brother random games that an employee at bustbuy recommended, and one of them was Oblivion and i played it for like 60hrs just doing so much random stuff, i was trying to become the master of all the guilds

i ended up beating one of the expansions too but i never did actually beat the main storyline... still had a shitload of fun playing it TOTALLY gonna get the 5th when it comes out (prolly gonna ask for it for next christmas)

haha i do the exact same thing. i hate finishing the main storyline in any rpg because i just lose my interest in doing the side quests or exploring the rest of the world. i didn't even "deliver the amulet" until i finished most of the guilds and even then it was cuz i wanted to see oblivion.


Quote :
might play sc2 at some point in the near future.
Told my mom that the graphics card wasn't able to handle adobe after effects cs5, which she believed (I'm not just whether or not that's wrong or right)
Which is basically all the requirements I need to play steam games too. My friend has an extra steam account so maybe in the future.

Like prolly towards the end of school.
-still not sure if I want to come back
...g2k?...
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: oh em gee   Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:04 pm

Serenity09 wrote:
I like em about the same but I don't think for the same reasons.
I love 3 because you are inherently the man. Like you could do whatever you want and you will always be awesome. Also I really liked the house building / the house guild plot lines.
Last summer I would have said I liked 3 more than 4. Then I played it again and now i think they're about even. 3's main problem is that its so big but in all the cheapest and wrong ways.
To start, there's no fast travel, which normally I wouldn't be against at all, but every damn quest is determined to have you run from 1 end of the map to the other, which is a problem because
a. there's nothing to do along the way but fight the occasional monster and pray that you get there. even the landscape is boring and mostly inaccessible via huge mountains being everywhere. there aren't even that many dungeons to distract you from the tedium. there's a coach system which i really liked, but it only goes around the west and south coast. mage's guild will tele you to one of 6(?) locations all except one or two can be gotten to by coach.
b. You're the slowest mother fucker ever to be born. Just having armor on will probably put you around 50% speed, and if i remember right, one of the best swords weighs ~80 pounds.
While it taking forever to get some place at all might seem like the biggest problem, its too liberal to even assume you're going to get to the place at all. Morrowind doesn't have the compass system in favor of following oral directions, which are confusing when the speaker says them and completely inadequate once theyre stored in your journal. Most of the stuff involves going through a labyrinth of turns on barely visable paths and terrible landmarks. you definitely get a sense of satisfaction finding a place despite every quest giver being piss drunk, but the frustration pretty quickly outweighs that. even if you get a map from online of morrowind, you'll still have difficulty finding some of the stuff which is so hidden you have to wonder who thought it was a good idea in the first place.

you can get around the whole slow/takes forever thing using a combination of cheats (which could be replaced by lots of money i guess) and cleverness, but if you do that then you're basically just making a poor man's fast travel system...

the game does have a mark recall system, which was awesome except that it ended up being used whenever you got a question so you wouldn't spend another hour getting back to the person after you finished it. i think a lot of the game would have been improved if you could have more than 1 mark at a time

3 has a lot of +'s to it though. by the end of it, i was a lot more involved and captured by its plot then in oblivion. not to mention 3 also has the single coolest dungeon ever made. 4 takes everything bad about 3 and makes it a lot better, but most of that stuff (fighting, graphics, voice actors etc) wasn't that important to me so i tend to like em pretty equally.

but yeah, i'd only recommend 3 over 4 for pretty specific ppl since 4 is much more steamlined

Thats exactly what i said, just with alot more detail
When i said 4 is more story driven, it doesnt mean it has a better plot then 3, it just means it keeps you on the story's track more

Serenity09 wrote:
I'm going to talk about both of em for the xbox, because rpgs suck on pc's
There are so many things wrong with this statement
Dont get me started

Serenity09 wrote:
haha i do the exact same thing. i hate finishing the main storyline in any rpg because i just lose my interest in doing the side quests or exploring the rest of the world. i didn't even "deliver the amulet" until i finished most of the guilds and even then it was cuz i wanted to see oblivion.

I ussually do all the side quests first, then when theres none left in that area i continue the main story until im at an area with more side quests
I rarely finish RPGs because of it

Serenity09 wrote:
Quote :
might play sc2 at some point in the near future.
Told my mom that the graphics card wasn't able to handle adobe after effects cs5, which she believed (I'm not just whether or not that's wrong or right)
Which is basically all the requirements I need to play steam games too. My friend has an extra steam account so maybe in the future.

Like prolly towards the end of school.
-still not sure if I want to come back
...g2k?...
Yeah i dont even know where i can move that to
Which means i should delete it, but ill leave it for now
Back to top Go down
Knight of Gods
Commander
Commander
avatar


PostSubject: Re: oh em gee   Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:37 pm

AMAZ YOU SHOULD GET ON SC2, then i might have an inkling of motivation to make zombiness


yea on Oblivion i completely finished the dlc Knights of the Nine and that was pretty fun


there was this one, like special event that happened that will be stuck in my memory forever just because of how frustratingly fun and challenging it was its a long story so its in a spoiler, also no making fun of me for it

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: oh em gee   Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:41 pm

Quote :

Serenity09 wrote:
I'm going to talk about both of em for the xbox, because rpgs suck on pc's

There are so many things wrong with this statement
Dont get me started

it was a joke (although enjoy a lot of games on consoles much more then on the pc) but your response was ridiculous enough to get one back.

you could write a 15 page paper on why you think they're better on pc's and in the end it'd all boil down to its your personal preference. so go ahead tough guy and "get started".

Spoiler:
 

and lol knight, i loved that arc so much. they made so many cool little things in oblivion.

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: oh em gee   Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:27 pm

Serenity09 wrote:
it was a joke (although enjoy a lot of games on consoles much more then on the pc) but your response was ridiculous enough to get one back.

you could write a 15 page paper on why you think they're better on pc's and in the end it'd all boil down to its your personal preference. so go ahead tough guy and "get started".

I was only half serious with that
But that would be why i dont want to get started, it would be very long, maybe longer then anything else ive written here, but if i was really serious i would have actually written it
Lets just focus on the personal preference part though
What would you consider to be personal preference between PC and console RPGs

Serenity09 wrote:
also how can there be so many things wrong with that statement? even if you want to define your opinion as the judge of right and wrong there can really only be one thing wrong with it...

Suggesting consoles are better then PC for RPGs, or gaming in general, is just crazy
So i used hyperbole to emphasize the craziness (the line after it "Dont get me started" was part of that to)
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: oh em gee   Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:00 am

Quote :
What would you consider to be personal preference between PC and console RPGs
an opinion

Quote :
Suggesting consoles are better then PC for RPGs, or gaming in general, is just crazy
So i used hyperbole to emphasize the craziness (the line after it "Dont get me started" was part of that to)
im not suggesting that theyre better for gaming, im stating as a fact that i prefer them for most types of gaming. something tactical like scc i prefer on the pc. almost anything else which involves just one or a few characters i prefer on a console.
i understand why som1 prefers gaming on a pc vs an xbox and you might understand the opposite. either way im not going to try to explain it here. its really not something that can be explained with just words, kinda like how you can't really explain why wc3 is so fun with words since for most ppl it has almost nothing to do with the game itself.

on a somewhat unrelated note, i realized that my favorite gui map editor program i've ever used was for farcry 1 on the xbox. it was pretty bad in a lot of technical ways but that doesn't bother me too much and doing stuff with it was legitimately fun and exciting. like you'd be making this amazing map and come up with really cool ideas on the fly. like how sick would it be to have a zipline through the mountains, or whatabout a jungle ruins where you could climb upwards because there were small overhangs in the walls or just making something nasty to play with friends. im tempted to buy the game again just to play with the editor xD
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: oh em gee   Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:42 pm

Serenity09 wrote:
an opinion
I meant specifically, like your opinion

Serenity09 wrote:
im not suggesting that theyre better for gaming, im stating as a fact that i prefer them for most types of gaming. something tactical like scc i prefer on the pc. almost anything else which involves just one or a few characters i prefer on a console.
i understand why som1 prefers gaming on a pc vs an xbox and you might understand the opposite. either way im not going to try to explain it here. its really not something that can be explained with just words, kinda like how you can't really explain why wc3 is so fun with words since for most ppl it has almost nothing to do with the game itself.

Well i mean, what benefits does a console have over a PC that would make playing something that only has 1 or a few characters better for the console
I get that some games are better playing with a controller then a mouse, but PCs have controllers to, other then that i cant think of anything else

Serenity09 wrote:
on a somewhat unrelated note, i realized that my favorite gui map editor program i've ever used was for farcry 1 on the xbox. it was pretty bad in a lot of technical ways but that doesn't bother me too much and doing stuff with it was legitimately fun and exciting. like you'd be making this amazing map and come up with really cool ideas on the fly. like how sick would it be to have a zipline through the mountains, or whatabout a jungle ruins where you could climb upwards because there were small overhangs in the walls or just making something nasty to play with friends. im tempted to buy the game again just to play with the editor xD

Console editors are more fun to play with because they are basically just a mod for the game, like garys mod
They cant really be called editors
Though i agree, Farcry's was fun
Back to top Go down
Knight of Gods
Commander
Commander
avatar


PostSubject: Re: oh em gee   Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:54 pm

im a suscriber to game informer and it rocks

anyways this months issue the cover article was this game and the preview made me SO FREAKING EXCITED only 10 more months as of yesterdaY!!!

heres something you noobs who dont get gameinformer can look at:

Skyrim Trailer Secrets

if you people beg nicely enough i could be "persuaded" to tell ya'll the highlights from the preview article
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
avatar


PostSubject: Re: oh em gee   Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:36 pm

I thought it was a video, no way in hell am I reading that nerd crap (lol ironic).
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: oh em gee   Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:07 pm

amaz,
you're retarded
-seren

and yeah knight, what u got? i think i missed all the important bits except for the really obvious stuff
Back to top Go down
Knight of Gods
Commander
Commander
avatar


PostSubject: Re: oh em gee   Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:29 pm

i got milk?

or if your talking about the translation thing, i was too lazy so i just scrolled down and let my ancesteral warriers weep at my cowardice
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: oh em gee   Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:32 pm

oh i didn't see thing link on the page

i missed the whole staff thing and the red mountain. hell i still cant see the red mountain in the pic.
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: oh em gee   Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:32 pm

well
i came

twice

Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: oh em gee   Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:48 pm

PCGamer went through that trailer
http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/02/24/the-skyrim-trailer-analysed-shot-by-shot/


And some more info info about the game
http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/1407/article/bethesda-reveals-new-skyrim-facts/
Some of it is only about the PS3 version, most of it is general stuff about the game
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: oh em gee   Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:20 pm

a kinda cool interview I just found



the change in the dialog system is meigh, i never really minded the old one. yeah it wasn't interesting, but it got the job done fast so you could go explore the world. i dont particularly like talking to npc's in any game, tho.

i'm not sure if i like the magnetism thing either. i guess it depends on how they do it. like if mechanically its the same as it used to be but looks much smoother by targeting an enemy - that will be cool. i hope it doesn't take away from the skill part of fighting though.


but most importantly
the blonde in the bar is actually attractive
fkjdlsa;rjewq
idk if there's ever been an attractive women in any elder scrolls game
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: oh em gee   Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:59 pm

The new dialog system makes it so you can just walk away from npc's that are talking without having to click the correct sequence of dialog choices to exit dialog mode that the old games had
I like the new system
I didnt like how the old system paused the world, so like if something was going on behind the npc your talking to, it would just freeze until you stopped talking, even light sources and like fire from torches would freeze which really hurt the immersion

Im going to play the PC version so i dont care about the targeting system changes, unless they force it on PC users, which i doubt they would do

I really want to play oblivion now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: oh em gee   

Back to top Go down
 
oh em gee
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan TMMM :: General :: Other Games-
Jump to: