The official site of Clan TMMM
 
HomeHomeSearchUsergroupsFAQRegisterLog in


Latest topics
» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
by hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» Hey whats up
by Eat_bacon_daily Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:24 am

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
by Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
by Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
by Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
by Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

» What everyone been up to
by The_Chosen_Oreo Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:55 am

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
26%
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
35%
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
19%
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
10%
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
10%
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

Share | 
 

 Clannad

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Clannad   Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:27 pm

Yeah dood. The after school part hit me particularly coz i watched it towards the end of my high school and i didnt know what i wanted to do either.
Excited to see your post later today
I think you might be disapointed in fuko coz you expected to much from that story line lol
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Clannad   Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:35 pm

I dont think you give fuko enough credit bacon
I finished the series and overall it was good

Heres my interpretation of the ending
Spoiler:
 

Interpretations aside, i really dislike the way it ended
Spoiler:
 
But like i said, overall i liked it
Theres 1 episode that is 1 of the best episodes of anything ive ever seen, but i dont think its better than angel beats, there are episodes that are, like that 1 is way better, but so many more that arent so it balances out as a whole
If i just looked at after story i would rate it higher than angel beats, but you need the first season too so i cant and the first season drags it down
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Clannad   Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:18 pm

Aright so i finally read your entire theory.
and i have one response
Spoiler:
 

Spoiler:
 

So... did any part in particular hit you in the feels. I didn't cry at all during the whole thing (yay i get to keep my man points!),but then again i think its really hard for a show to make me cry anymore.
Spoiler:
 

Did you watch the OVA's? I think all but one take place in alternate reality's where Okazaki doesn't really know Nagisa and ends up with someone else (which is kinda soul crushing...), i thought they were ok. If you end up choosing not to watch, i recommend you just watch this part i linked down here, because i thought it was funny (the rest of that OVA episode itself is pretty bad though)
Spoiler:
 

What did you think about the comedy in the show. I think its pretty average, except for Akio, that character was just so fun to watch.

Pat1487 wrote:
Theres 1 episode that is 1 of the best episodes of anything ive ever seen, but i dont think its better than angel beats, there are episodes that are, like that 1 is way better, but so many more that arent so it balances out as a whole
If i just looked at after story i would rate it higher than angel beats, but you need the first season too so i cant and the first season drags it down

I think you could argue the average episode quality is higher on angel beats, but i'd have to say Angel Beats feels unfinished compared to Clannad. Clannad brought the whole package you get to see every character and you get to go way beyond any character ark of most shows out there with Okazaki's story. But of course thats just my opinion, which means i'm right and you smell...

As for your comments on the conclusion
Spoiler:
 

I know i asked you before and you don't really need to answer this question, because i suppose the response would be particularly long, but would you really not put this into your top favorite animes. As someone who has watched all your top 10 animes (exept bankuro), and as someone who was introduced to a higher class of anime through your list (YA THATS RIGHT YOU GOT ME HOOKED ON DA GUD STUFF), id have to say it is better than some or at least one anime on your list. *BUT of course that is just my opinion
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Clannad   Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:20 am

Spoiler:
 

Visual novels arent actually linear, well, i guess they are, events happen in a certain order, but things change based on what you do so certain events happen based on your actions making it feel less linear than it is, especially if you start going off on a tangent (good visual novels will let you go off on tangents)
They have multiple endings, sometimes the ending occurs very early (usually a bad end caused by you screwing up every event) and you have to either restart from the beginning or load a save and make different choices to try to get a different ending
Anime adaptations will go down 1 path of the visual novel, usually the best (best as in happiest/most satisfying) possible ending
Im sure theres an ending in the visual novel that ends at after story ep 21, and doesnt have the stuff in ep 22 if you didnt do that event properly
Spoiler:
 
The OVAs where things happen differently are other paths in the visual novel that you can take but werent taken in the main story, im sure theres way more different paths than the OVAs show

Bacon wrote:
So... did any part in particular hit you in the feels. I didn't cry at all during the whole thing (yay i get to keep my man points!),but then again i think its really hard for a show to make me cry anymore.

Spoiler:
 

Bacon wrote:
Did you watch the OVA's? I think all but one take place in alternate reality's where Okazaki doesn't really know Nagisa and ends up with someone else (which is kinda soul crushing...), i thought they were ok. If you end up choosing not to watch, i recommend you just watch this part i linked down here, because i thought it was funny (the rest of that OVA episode itself is pretty bad though)

Yeah, i saw all the OVA's, the last episode in season 1 that i said was really good and that gave me hope for after story was an alternate reality OVA
It was the best ep of season 1 and it wasnt even part of the story lol
Spoiler:
 
I also plan to watch the movie, even though it just recaps the events from the series, probably going to do that today in fact

Bacon wrote:
What did you think about the comedy in the show. I think its pretty average, except for Akio, that character was just so fun to watch

Yeah i agree, Akio was pretty funny
Spoiler:
 
Wasnt that funny otherwise

Bacon wrote:
I think you could argue the average episode quality is higher on angel beats, but i'd have to say Angel Beats feels unfinished compared to Clannad. Clannad brought the whole package you get to see every character and you get to go way beyond any character ark of most shows out there with Okazaki's story. But of course thats just my opinion, which means i'm right and you smell...

Yeah thats fair to say, while clannad is more fleshed out most of season 1 isnt good, theres only 12 great episodes (after story 9-21) not counting OVAs the rest are average or worse imo, and 9-21 requires the stuff that comes before it to be as good as it is
Angel Beats is great with just its 12 eps without needing to be fleshed out, and if it was fleshed out we would end up with the same thing where angel beats is 2 seasons with only 12 great eps
Id rather cut to the chase and just have those 12 great eps without having to suffer through some of the worst eps of season 1 of clannad (like ep 10 and 11)
And to me, angel beats doesnt feel unfinished, its clannad that feels more developed (at the expense of some quality in the first season), its like a glass half empty or half full thing

Spoiler:
 

Bacon wrote:
I know i asked you before and you don't really need to answer this question, because i suppose the response would be particularly long, but would you really not put this into your top favorite animes. As someone who has watched all your top 10 animes (exept bankuro), and as someone who was introduced to a higher class of anime through your list (YA THATS RIGHT YOU GOT ME HOOKED ON DA GUD STUFF), id have to say it is better than some or at least one anime on your list. *BUT of course that is just my opinion

To be on my top 10 overal list it needs to be exceptional 95% of the time and/or be incredibly surprising with either a genius plot twist(s) or a moment of the unexpected which changes everything in a way that is incredible
Clannad is neither of those things, if it ended at ep 21 like i said above, with that ending, it would be unexpected in an incredible way to me and hence would qualify for the list, it is good, and definitely worth watching, but its not top 10 material to me, im not even sure if it would make top 20 because of season 1, id have to think about it
Season 1 is a lot of dead weight imo, after story carries it really well, but its still there


On a side note, im glad the top 10 list got you into good anime bacon, i was really unsure of that when i posted it, especially since i had to start it off with madoka, i figured everyone would see that, laugh, and not bother to read the rest of it
Originally i put the real madoka OP there (i think i said i couldnt find it in the end) but the real OP is too girly that i thought people would watch just that (since its the first video) get a weird first impression and not even look at the rest of the list
So i found a darker OP to post there in the hopes that it would go over better



Also you dont need to say "this is my opinion" after everything about shows/movies/books/games, its all subjective unless we are talking about specific facts that occurred in the material we watch/play/read so its all opinion and goes without saying you smelly bastard
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Clannad   Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:10 am

I still believe you are over thinking the whole Fuko thing.
Spoiler:
 

Pat1487 wrote:
The OVAs where things happen differently are other paths in the visual novel that you can take but werent taken in the main story, im sure theres way more different paths than the OVAs show
Ya i knew a little about that, but (note that i'm basing this analysis from only two visual novel adaptations) every side char gets an arc and then they just do like nothing for the rest of the series in both Clannad and Stein's Gate. Oh well i just realized if each person gets an individual storyline arc in the visual novels then if they put them all together in the show they would have nothing to do with the other arcs, because they were never involved with it in the first place.

Pat1487 wrote:
Yeah, i saw all the OVA's, the last episode in season 1 that i said was really good and that gave me hope for after story was an alternate reality OVA
It was the best ep of season 1 and it wasnt even part of the story lol
Ya i suppose some of the OVAs are good. I kinda liked the one with the twins.

BTW, i remembered how you mentioned you hate harems. Is this a harem anime? On some level its weird that many female characters fall for Okazaki, but its not all of them and he doesnt like date any of them (except in the OVAs), so i would think its not. Cept ionno exactly what a harem anime is!

Pat wrote:
also plan to watch the movie, even though it just recaps the events from the series, probably going to do that today in fact
All i have to say is
Spoiler:
 
But seriously, i tried to watch the movie LIKE 4 TIMES BEFORE GIVING UP. I know how you feel right now, you liked the show and you just want more, then you find out theres a movie and you think all your prayers have been answered. Ive been there Pat, YOU HAVE TO FIGHT IT. THE MOVIE IS SO CRINGY. For me its like the last airbender movie, i just felt bad for the people involved the whole time AND I ONLY MADE IT TO LIKE 30 MINUTES IN. The dialog was awkward, story was weird as heck, the animation was bad and the art... OH GOD THE ART, WTF DID THEY DO TO NAGISA'S FACE. And i bet your like, eurh why did you keep going back to it 3 more times? Its because i wanted to have more Clannad and because i read that it shows some more stuff from the show in depth, like how Okazaki's arm got injured. Well if you do watch it post your opinion. I never finished it so maybe it redeems itself further down the line.

Pat wrote:
And to me, angel beats doesnt feel unfinished, its clannad that feels more developed (at the expense of some quality in the first season), its like a glass half empty or half full thing
I disagree, even before watching Clannad, the first time i watched Angel Beats (even if i loved it), i felt a little cheated, i mean we get all these fun side characters, then you find out they are broken inside, then well then they just disappear. But of course you smell. Very Happy

As for the bitter sweet thing.
I was saying its sweet also because i wanted to see them happy in the end, i mean didn't you? Its these nice characters that youve grown attached as you learned about their hardships and their friendships to and all you wanna do is WATCH THEM SUFFER YOU SICK BASTARD.

Pat wrote:
To be on my top 10 overal list it needs to be exceptional 95% of the time and/or be incredibly surprising with either a genius plot twist(s) or a moment of the unexpected which changes everything in a way that is incredible
Clannad is neither of those things, if it ended at ep 21 like i said above, with that ending, it would be unexpected in an incredible way to me and hence would qualify for the list, it is good, and definitely worth watching, but its not top 10 material to me, im not even sure if it would make top 20 because of season 1, id have to think about it
Season 1 is a lot of dead weight imo, after story carries it really well, but its still there
So what i'm about to say is obviously just  my opinion.... On your list, the show with the most dead weight has to be Haruhi. I feel like you seem to really love that show, i mean as soon as i mentioned the terribly animated continuation (which seemed like a money grab), you watched it immediately and then said it was bad. Maybe its just me but after episode 5 or 6ish (when they introduce all the side characters and their goals), the show went straight into nowhere. I mean it wasn't bad, but it was mostly (IN MY OPINION) filler. I mean the endless eight episodes are more filler than anything out there. You could say season 1 of Clannad was weak, but it was still moving forward (at a terribly slow pace). The thing that made me like the series was pretty much those first 5-6 episodes and the freaken godlike amazing movie, but since the list is about shows (which does not include movies i assume) i never understood your decision.
*I have to mention its my opinion, because obviously i know less about the show than you and obviously you love it and obviously you have a greater knowledge in terms of anime and i don't want to offend you by somewhat harshly criticizing one of your favorite series.

As for the Madoka opening thing. Its kinda funny, but when i first read your list, i was thinking to myself that its impossible that you couldn't find the opening so i searched and found a video along the lines of *Madoka Opening 1* and as i watched that video, i came to the realisation that i had no idea if this was the real opening or just some fake one (because i haden't seen the show at the time), so i just closed it and did something else. So basically your comment made me realise i was probably watching the real one.
*theres no magical conclusion to this anecdote, i just though it was funny that i saw through your lil lie and didn't realise it

Pat wrote:
On a side note, im glad the top 10 list got you into good anime bacon, i was really unsure of that when i posted it, especially since i had to start it off with madoka, i figured everyone would see that, laugh, and not bother to read the rest of it
TBH it didn't just get me into anime. Coz at the time, my friends and i only knew about the big popular animes like naruto and bleach, so when i started watching your stuff and realised it was good i told my friends about it and they got hooked too. Today they are wayyyyyyy more insane about anime than me (they go to conventions and stuff) and its all pretty much thanks to you. In fact one of my friends wanted to post his top list here (coz i showed him your list) but he never got around to it, imagine he just felt awkward posting to only a few people that he really doesn't know.

Last edit
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Clannad   Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:40 pm

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
I still believe you are over thinking the whole Fuko thing.
Spoiler:
 

Spoiler:
 

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
Ya i knew a little about that, but (note that i'm basing this analysis from only two visual novel adaptations) every side char gets an arc and then they just do like nothing for the rest of the series in both Clannad and Stein's Gate. Oh well i just realized if each person gets an individual storyline arc in the visual novels then if they put them all together in the show they would have nothing to do with the other arcs, because they were never involved with it in the first place.

They cant adapt the other arcs into an anime, they continue on and are completely different story lines, its like your asking they make 12 different season for each individual character story line and are disappointed that they dont do that lol, its just not possible
What we see in anime adaptations is the beginning of each of those story lines
Think of the anime adapters as players of the visual novel going through each possible event without committing to any of them until theyve got an impression of everything and then committing to 1 of the possibilities (which is how a lot of people play visual novels)
If you really want to you can play the visual novels yourself and see the other story lines


Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
BTW, i remembered how you mentioned you hate harems. Is this a harem anime? On some level its weird that many female characters fall for Okazaki, but its not all of them and he doesnt like date any of them (except in the OVAs), so i would think its not. Cept ionno exactly what a harem anime is!
No this is not a harem
If you really want to know what a harem is watch something like Infinite Stratos
Or just watch this, this is probably better, the opening song sums up harem pretty well


Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
All i have to say is
Spoiler:
 
But seriously, i tried to watch the movie LIKE 4 TIMES BEFORE GIVING UP. I know how you feel right now, you liked the show and you just want more, then you find out theres a movie and you think all your prayers have been answered. Ive been there Pat, YOU HAVE TO FIGHT IT. THE MOVIE IS SO CRINGY. For me its like the last airbender movie, i just felt bad for the people involved the whole time AND I ONLY MADE IT TO LIKE 30 MINUTES IN. The dialog was awkward, story was weird as heck, the animation was bad and the art... OH GOD THE ART, WTF DID THEY DO TO NAGISA'S FACE. And i bet your like, eurh why did you keep going back to it 3 more times? Its because i wanted to have more Clannad and because i read that it shows some more stuff from the show in depth, like how Okazaki's arm got injured. Well if you do watch it post your opinion. I never finished it so maybe it redeems itself further down the line.
Oh come on, the last air bender movie was horrible and went against everything that its based on, theres no way it can be that bad

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
I disagree, even before watching Clannad, the first time i watched Angel Beats (even if i loved it), i felt a little cheated, i mean we get all these fun side characters, then you find out they are broken inside, then well then they just disappear. But of course you smell. Very Happy
Its still a glass half full or half empty thing to me, i didnt feel cheated, would i have liked to see more, yeah, but saying i felt cheated would be too far

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
As for the bitter sweet thing.
I was saying its sweet also because i wanted to see them happy in the end, i mean didn't you? Its these nice characters that youve grown attached as you learned about their hardships and their friendships to and all you wanna do is WATCH THEM SUFFER YOU SICK BASTARD.
Spoiler:
 

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
So what i'm about to say is obviously just  my opinion.... On your list, the show with the most dead weight has to be Haruhi. I feel like you seem to really love that show, i mean as soon as i mentioned the terribly animated continuation (which seemed like a money grab), you watched it immediately and then said it was bad. Maybe its just me but after episode 5 or 6ish (when they introduce all the side characters and their goals), the show went straight into nowhere. I mean it wasn't bad, but it was mostly (IN MY OPINION) filler. I mean the endless eight episodes are more filler than anything out there. You could say season 1 of Clannad was weak, but it was still moving forward (at a terribly slow pace). The thing that made me like the series was pretty much those first 5-6 episodes and the freaken godlike amazing movie, but since the list is about shows (which does not include movies i assume) i never understood your decision.
*I have to mention its my opinion, because obviously i know less about the show than you and obviously you love it and obviously you have a greater knowledge in terms of anime and i don't want to offend you by somewhat harshly criticizing one of your favorite series.
Endless eight is the kind of dead weight that the viewer can trim off though, i think i posted that you can skip over the middle bit of endless 8 and it works seamlessly, so i dont count it as dead weight, and thats really the only part thats definitely dead weight
Even if you think a lot of season 1 is dead weight you can only watch the 6 main episodes (the numbered ones) and its all good, it makes it easy to pick and chose what you want to watch, but still has more if you want to keep going, so it redefines the "exceptional 95% of the time" rule by basically telling you what is and what isnt "filler", it also gets on there for me personally because i was not expecting it to go in the direction that it did when i started it
And i did mention the movie in my post, movies that go with a show count toward its rating to me, since its like a package thing


Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
Spoiler:
 

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Clannad   Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:07 pm

I saw the movie, and it sucks

It doesnt understand emotion, the story of clannad, or pacing
Ive never seen something fail this hard, the animation was lower quality than the show

Its made by Toei Animation who makes primarily action anime, they made dbz, sailor moon, and digimon, most of their stuff is action for a younger audience so whoever thought it was a good idea to let them make a serious drama should be fired
Im not saying they are a bad animation studio, its just that this isnt their forte and its very apparent they were in way over their heads

Several times you could see dbz influence in the animation with the split screen, the repeated animation clips, some character expressions and even some physical features of characters resembled dbz characters

The way they decided to structure the story had no reasoning and the pace was all over the place, toward the beginning they cut forward in time to after a significant event, there was no reason for it, no context to it, nothing was learned from it, i thought maybe my copy of the movie was broken, but no, it actually cuts forward for no reason like that

After the play they skip nearly 3 years into the future, during that they are also still cutting forward 5 years past that 3 years
And once they stop jumping around in time, nearly 8 years takes place over the span of about 20 minutes, its ridiculous, its so poorly paced and the cuts forward in time ruin any emotional investment you can have in anything

And the ending to the movie... i cant even form a rational sentence to express myself, so im just going to re-enact what i did while watching it:

*I see where the scene is going and compare it to the same scene in the show*
*I facepalm*
*They run to eachother, she trips into him, they laugh, scene fades out*
*I check time on movie because this seems like the end where it shouldnt be the end, theres only about 8 minutes left, i brace myself for some more insane pacing*
*He does an ending narration, credits roll*
*I slam face into table*
*I say "FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU hisjdfisdjfiuhsdvbfijughasdfo" while continuing to slam face into table*



So yeah, i dont recommend it
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Clannad   Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:57 am

Quote :
I saw the movie, and it sucks
I did not see this coming lol

Quote :
Its made by Toei Animation who makes primarily action anime, they made dbz, sailor moon, and digimon, most of their stuff is action for a younger audience so whoever thought it was a good idea to let them make a serious drama should be fired
Im not saying they are a bad animation studio, its just that this isnt their forte and its very apparent they were in way over their heads

Several times you could see dbz influence in the animation with the split screen, the repeated animation clips, some character expressions and even some physical features of characters resembled dbz characters

Ionno man the idea of mixing Clannad and DBZ sounds like a dream come true. Does Tomoya at least go Super Saiyan when Nagisa dies. Otherwise its just lost opportunities.

Quote :
After the play they skip nearly 3 years into the future, during that they are also still cutting forward 5 years past that 3 years
And once they stop jumping around in time, nearly 8 years takes place over the span of about 20 minutes, its ridiculous, its so poorly paced and the cuts forward in time ruin any emotional investment you can have in anything
I cant even imagine how terrible that must play out. Ionno how you made it through all that. There were so many cringe-worthy parts in the beginning, that i truly believe you must have watched this as a test of your will power.

Quote :
*I see where the scene is going and compare it to the same scene in the show*
*I facepalm*
*They run to eachother, she trips into him, they laugh, scene fades out*
*I check time on movie because this seems like the end where it shouldnt be the end, theres only about 8 minutes left, i brace myself for some more insane pacing*
*He does an ending narration, credits roll*
*I slam face into table*
*I say "FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU hisjdfisdjfiuhsdvbfijughasdfo" while continuing to slam face into table*
This actually kinda makes me wanna watch it, just to see how bad it can get.

Btw, is it at least interesting to watch things that werent shown in the show, like how tomoya messed up his shoulder?
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Clannad   Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:47 pm

Bacon wrote:
Btw, is it at least interesting to watch things that werent shown in the show, like how tomoya messed up his shoulder?

It explains both how he hurt his shoulder (i cant remember if the show did that, i want to say no, but i have seen ep 1-9 in over a year now and it couldve been explained there, but i dont think it was), and some stuff about sunohara

I can just tell you both to save you the trouble
Okazaki's shoulder
Spoiler:
 

Sunohara
Spoiler:
 

Other than that there wasnt anything else that only the movie had
Oh, wait, you get to see yusuke
Spoiler:
 

Also they changed the melody of the dango song, which i hated, they made it more upbeat and happy, which makes sense considering what that song is supposed to be within the story, but the sadder version fits the story better

Heres the movie melody:


For quick comparison (if you forgot the one from the show) heres the good one:


The difference between the 2 songs really sums up the difference between the movie and show




I wanted to play Tomoyo After: It's a Wonderful Life Perfect Edition
It takes place in
Spoiler:
 
Apparently many other people like that path so they made a game dedicated to continuing it lol
But that just came out like a week ago and theres no translation for it (i cant even find where to DL the base game let a lone a translation for it), so id have to play 1 of the older versions, which i dont really want to go through the trouble of doing

If the perfect edition didnt exist i might get the older version, but id rather just play the perfect edition
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Clannad   Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:11 pm

The Sunohara and Okazaki thing weren't in the show i'm pretty sure. At least it sounds like they did that stuff right. The yoshino thing doesn't really sound like much of a cool thing to see though. I can't imagine what it sounds like, and i don't believe they can make it sound in a way that would fit his back story for me.

Ya they should not have messed with the dango song. Its like a trademark of the show.
Quote :
I wanted to play Tomoyo After: It's a Wonderful Life Perfect Edition
It takes place in
Apparently many other people like that path so they made a game dedicated to continuing it lol
But that just came out like a week ago and theres no translation for it (i cant even find where to DL the base game let a lone a translation for it), so id have to play 1 of the older versions, which i dont really want to go through the trouble of doing

If the perfect edition didnt exist i might get the older version, but id rather just play the perfect edition
I thought i was released, i looked it up after finishing the show. Ionno about how fun these visual novel games are.
Spoiler:
 
I personally thought the twins OVA (i forgot their names) was more powerful than the Tomoyo and Tomoya OVA, but i suppose that story that more going on and more options to exploit.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Clannad   Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:59 pm

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
The yoshino thing doesn't really sound like much of a cool thing to see though. I can't imagine what it sounds like, and i don't believe they can make it sound in a way that would fit his back story for me.
Its really cheesy but at the end of the series he
Spoiler:
 
So i thought it was worth mentioning

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
I thought i was released, i looked it up after finishing the show. Ionno about how fun these visual novel games are.
Its been out for years, but they release multiple versions of visual novels sometimes, and the newest version (the perfect edition) just came out recently, newer versions are generally better

And they are fun, you should try playing a free one
Like Narcissu: http://narcissu.insani.org/story.html
Or Katawa Shoujo: http://www.katawa-shoujo.com/about.php
Or Memo: http://www.doomfest.com/memo/

Just, uh... dont judge a book by its cover

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
Spoiler:
 
Visual novels have that kind of stuff in it, but its not really the focus
"Adult visual novel" or "adult content" doent mean its intended to be porn or something, it just has nudity or sexual scenes

Similar to how sometimes an anime will get the ecchi tag even though its not an ecchi anime, visual novels will get the eroge tag even though its not an eroge
They just get that tag on it due to having a few short ecchi scenes

Itd be like if the witcher 2 was classified as a pornographic adult game because of the couple optional sex scenes it has

As far as i can tell Tomoyo After isnt an eroge and was just mistagged
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Clannad   

Back to top Go down
 
Clannad
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» CLANNAD--Anime Review

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan TMMM :: Movies, TV, and Anime :: Anime-
Jump to: