The official site of Clan TMMM
 
HomeHomeSearchUsergroupsFAQRegisterLog in


Latest topics
» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
by hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» Hey whats up
by Eat_bacon_daily Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:24 am

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
by Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
by Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
by Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
by Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

» What everyone been up to
by The_Chosen_Oreo Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:55 am

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
26%
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
35%
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
19%
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
10%
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
10%
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

Share | 
 

 Clannad

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
avatar


PostSubject: Clannad   Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:43 pm

So while i was looking for an anime like angel beats, i kept hearing that clannad is like the superior version or something, so i started watching it.
So far its not even a quarter as good as angel beats, but i hear its season 2 that makes it good.
I just wanted to know if i should really keep watching, because the comments on all the episode makes it out to be the saddest and most painful thing in the world. Anyone else seen this?
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Clannad   Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:23 am

Hlw and I talked about it in the top 10 anime post:

hlw_rocer wrote:
just finished clannad after story
i thought it was really good and i liked it more than angel beats ( SRS BACON)
Key company also produced it (same people who made angel beats)
it's lengthy though ~45 episodes including Clannad

idk if you guys could watch the whole thing though, cause you probably wouldn't sit through watching Clannad (it was cool, not as good as After Story)  first and the first half of After Story which is kind of filler (still watchable)

but most people who finish it say it's one of their top 10 animes and i'd probably have to agree

this review sucks so i'm just going to stop writing

tl;dr idk if you guys would like watch it but i thought it was better than angel beats, which could've been much better if its funding wasn't cut ( or i think it was, but still srs this time about clannad being better than Angel Beats)

ya.

Pat1487 wrote:
hlw_rocer wrote:
just finished clannad after story
i thought it was really good and i liked it more than angel beats ( SRS BACON)
Key company also produced it (same people who made angel beats)
it's lengthy though ~45 episodes including Clannad

idk if you guys could watch the whole thing though, cause you probably wouldn't sit through watching Clannad

I tried to watch Clannad 2 years ago, i didnt finish it, it had its funny moments, but i lost interest in it
Its way better then what i saw of Toradora though
It definitely wasnt better than Angel Beats! in my opinion
Our tastes in anime (and probably in movies/shows) are just different

hlw_rocer wrote:
(it was cool, not as good as After Story)  first and the first half of After Story which is kind of filler (still watchable)
hlw_rocer wrote:
it's lengthy though ~45 episodes including Clannad
I just looked it up theres 49 episodes
Clannad is 24 and After story is 25, which means, if what you say about the 2nd half of after story being the only great part, that you have to watch 37 episodes of meh to get to 13 episodes of greatness
It doesnt really seem worth it too me from just the time investment to enjoyment return ratio (19 hours invested:5 hours enjoyed)
Nearly 4:1, i can only really tolerate 1.5:1 or 2:1 if the series isnt that long

I personally dont want to have to sit through a mediocre season to get to the good parts
But if what hlw was saying about the 2nd half of the 2nd season is true then you might like it if you dont mind the first season
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Clannad   Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:43 pm

Oh right i remember this, hanny was also trying to make us believe Toradora! was better than angel beats, what a scrub.

I agree that i wouldnt want to watch a mediocre season to get to the good stuff, but i see now that the lame stuff is like between episode 3-12, the reste is pretty good so far, in the first season
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Clannad   Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:23 pm

this is an extraordinary anime. Its so powerful, ive never seen anything like it before
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Clannad   Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:22 am

Is it better than/as good as angel beats?
If you say yes then i will beleive that the mediocre stuff is worth sitting through and will eventually watch it
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Clannad   Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:22 pm

When i was watching this, at first i thought it was far weaker than angel beats, but the more i went on the better i thought it got and i have to say, past a certain point, i could no longer deny it. In my opinion its better.
The reasons for this is that unlike angel beats this show has around 45 episodes which allowed a full development of all side characters. Also the main character doesn't just develop, he grows and evolves, which is also due to the fact that there are many more episodes.
Here are just things ill put outthere real quick if you want to watch it.
-It has a similarity to the way Stein's Gate is built, in which the show sidetracks and focuses on a character non stop for many episodes at a time.
-The worst part of the series is around the begining when the show focuses on Fuko Ibuki, because it just drags on forever.
-Its a lot less accessible than angel beats, because there are much fewer real action scenes and the comedy isnt as strong. Angel Beats had me really laughing out loud 3-6 times an episode, while this is more like 1 time per 2-3 episodes, well cept for the scenes with AKio, who is just the best character
-I watched a few subs then went to dubs. I watched most of it in Dub, i liked the dub, theres only like 1-2 characters whos voices are ear bleeding, the rest is fine
-All episodes are on youtube in 480-720p

I think this is now among my top 3 favorite animes, which also include FMA brotherhood and Angel Beats.
Back to top Go down
hlw_rocer
Corporal
Corporal



PostSubject: Re: Clannad   Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:33 pm

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
Oh right i remember this, hanny was also trying to make us believe Toradora! was better than angel beats, what a scrub.

I agree that i wouldnt want to watch a mediocre season to get to the good stuff, but i see now that the lame stuff is like between episode 3-12, the reste is pretty good so far, in the first season

flock you bacon
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Clannad   Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:53 pm

So i started watching this, saw the first 2 eps

First, what i said here:
Pat1487 wrote:
I tried to watch Clannad 2 years ago, i didnt finish it, it had its funny moments, but i lost interest in it
Was wrong, i dont know what show i was thinking of, but it wasnt clannad, it is very similar to clannad, especially the opening scene of the first episode, that scene is almost identical to the show i was thinking of, it may have been snowing instead of cherry blossoms falling though, but there was definitely a girl talking to herself (even saying the name of a food) and a guy complaining about how crappy his life was in both, and the character designs are very similar too

Second, this seems pretty generic
I know 2 episodes arent enough to judge it, but still its done everything that your typical romance anime does (and it feels like its going to go into harem territory with all the different girls that are in the show, i really dislike harems btw, so if this becomes a harem i will hold you personally responsible bacon)

The only thing good about it so far is
Spoiler:
 
Thats the only thing giving me hope that this show wont suck (other then what you said about it being good later)
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Clannad   Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:03 pm

Mwhahahah the show secretly sucks, its all a conspiracy!
You should find that anime your talking about, id like to see the similarities.
What do you mean by harem? Something like you expect all the side characters to fall in love with the main guy?
Well as mentionned previously the begining is pretty weak and somewhat bland, i found myself checking my emails on my 2nd screen a lot during that part, but PRESS ON BROTHER!
Well ive never seen any real romance animes (Except for TORADORA because of hanny.... FUCKING HANNY). Maybe the romance is really bad and cliché, but i kinda liked it and also its not jsut about romance, its about so much more!
Back to top Go down
hlw_rocer
Corporal
Corporal



PostSubject: Re: Clannad   Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:32 pm

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
Mwhahahah the show secretly sucks, its all a conspiracy!
You should find that anime your talking about, id like to see the similarities.
What do you mean by harem? Something like you expect all the side characters to fall in love with the main guy?
Well as mentionned previously the begining is pretty weak and somewhat bland, i found myself checking my emails on my 2nd screen a lot during that part, but PRESS ON BROTHER!
Well ive never seen any real romance animes (Except for TORADORA because of hanny.... FUCKING HANNY). Maybe the romance is really bad and cliché, but i kinda liked it and also its not jsut about romance, its about so much more!

flock you bacon
i showed you clannad, you can't hold toradora against me now
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Clannad   Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:12 am

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
Mwhahahah the show secretly sucks, its all a conspiracy!
You should find that anime your talking about, id like to see the similarities.
If i find it ill tell you

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
What do you mean by harem? Something like you expect all the side characters to fall in love with the main guy?
A harem is when theres multiple girls that all want the same guy (it doesnt have to be love, but it usually is), and it doesnt have to be all of them
Generally theres a tsundere girl, a shy girl, a moe girl, a quirky girl, an outgoing/energetic girl, an indecisive girl, a clumsy girl, a childhood friend girl, a mysterious girl, an indifferent/emotionless girl, a tomboy/violent girl, and/or a weak girl (either a girly girl, or a girl that has some sort of medical condition or illness)
Sometimes, depending on the type of anime, there will be a yandere girl, a loli girl, a magical girl, an eye girl (either she has an eypatch, or wears glasses) and/or a mature girl

Usually theres between 3 and 9 girls in a harem anime and each girl is 1 of any of those types (sometimes the types will be combined, so you could have like an energetic clumsy girl or a violent tsundere)

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
Well ive never seen any real romance animes (Except for TORADORA because of hanny.... FUCKING HANNY). Maybe the romance is really bad and cliché, but i kinda liked it and also its not jsut about romance, its about so much more!
Its cliche so far (other than the thing i said in my spoiler), but i wouldnt say generic yet, it will depend on how what i said in my spoiler effects the way he interacts with people
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Clannad   Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:18 pm

Ya maybe you shouldn't watch this show pat. There's is a part where the show becomes your harem thingy, although its only for a few episodes, i believe you'd have to go through to much stuff you hate before reaching the real good part. As for me, maybe the reason i liked it so much is because i dint mind any parts of the show, so when i got to season 2 it just kept getting more awesome.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Clannad   Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:57 pm

Im up to episode 8 now, i actually like this story line
Spoiler:
 

Ive decided that im going to watch the whole thing, and suffer through the parts i dont like
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Clannad   Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:44 pm

Ive decided that im going to watch the whole thing, and suffer through the parts i dont like wrote:
Thats mah boy

But seriously, i loved the whole thing, but from what ive read, Season 1 is apparantly your average romance anime, but its season 2 (after story), that is the part that makes this show special. Because it takes your average romance anime and brings it a whole step further.
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Clannad   Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:18 pm

pat did you ever finish this?
was/is it good?
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Clannad   Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:11 pm

No i didnt finish it, im still on episode 11, the tab with episode 11 is still open in my browser

They started the story line (the main story line) i didnt like again after the 1 i did like ended and i ended up watching other anime at the time thinking that i would go back to it eventually and just havent gotten around to it yet
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Clannad   Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:38 am

Bacon, why didnt you tell me to watch up to ep 12 you bastard lol, ep 12 makes the terribleness of 10 and 11 worth it

10 and 11 sucked, i stopped after 10 like a year ago because i really didnt like it, but i started watching it again today (i re watched 10 to refresh my memory) i hated both of those episodes but kept going anyway, idk why i kept watching, i didnt want to sleep yet but was too tired to play something, wanted to watch anime but have already seen sao/esp/zankyou and didnt feel like starting a new series and remembered clannad so i went to that

Anyway i got to ep 12 and 12 is really good and not only makes me want to keep watching but also allows me to get over the annoyance of the drama club stuff that im sure they will go back to at some point by giving me something else to focus on during those parts

I will definitely finish watching the whole series now
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Clannad   Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:24 pm

OMG SOUND THE ALARM GUYS, PAT IS FINALLY GOING TO DO IT. i recently rewatched a couple of my fav episodes of animes (cant find any good new ones, you should suggest me something, a non-virtual reality game adventure anime) (also on a side note i really couldnt get into psycho-pass even after 12 episodes it was like a little pretentious and had some plot holes, maybe ill do liek you an start it again in a thousand years) (shit i forgot how this sentence started) (oh right my fav episodes or something). Anyways what i really wanted to say is watching some of those episodes reminded me that season 1 has some good stuff after the starfish girl part that is like terribly paced because it lasts 3 or 4 episodes longer than it should, at least it not as bad as the endless 8 from haruhi liek wtf. I gatta stop sidetracking. oh ya i checked episode 12 it was pretty good a nice conclusion to that story arc. And if you want more encouragement, i like episode 16 a lot. I actually rewatch that episode every once in a while because there is actually (believe or not) some nice action in it.

BTW are you watching them subbed or dubbed? And im curious what do you think about the robot and the girl parts.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Clannad   Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:42 am

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
OMG SOUND THE ALARM GUYS, PAT IS FINALLY GOING TO DO IT. i recently rewatched a couple of my fav episodes of animes (cant find any good new ones, you should suggest me something, a non-virtual reality game adventure anime)
I dont usually watch adventure anime, action, comedy, slice of life, and tragedy are the types i like

Im trying to think ones that could count as adventure, and i guess Baccano! qualifies, but its not really adventure like youre probably thinking (i.e. magi style adventure)
But the rest i can think of youve probably already seen since slayer, me, hlw, or seren have mentioned them in the past
Ive also mentioned baccano somewhere before so you may have already seen that too, or decided not to watch it

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
Anyways what i really wanted to say is watching some of those episodes reminded me that season 1 has some good stuff after the starfish girl part that is like terribly paced because it lasts 3 or 4 episodes longer than it should, at least it not as bad as the endless 8 from haruhi liek wtf. I gatta stop sidetracking. oh ya i checked episode 12 it was pretty good a nice conclusion to that story arc. And if you want more encouragement, i like episode 16 a lot. I actually rewatch that episode every once in a while because there is actually (believe or not) some nice action in it.
Yeah i just saw 16, im not a fan of
Spoiler:
 
So the action there wasnt anything special to me but it was good


Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
BTW are you watching them subbed or dubbed?
Subbed, i almost always watched subbed over dubbed, i did check the dub though and its ok, the voice's in the original are better imo
Also at the end of 16 (just as an example) the scene where
Spoiler:
 
Its little things like that which make the subs better to me, also subs tend to translate all the text, even unimportant text which i like, dubs will translate the important stuff and that makes you realize that its important which sometimes is bad, ive seen some dubs not even translate important text, like the snow white thing from haruhi which made me watch the sub for that episode

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
And im curious what do you think about the robot and the girl parts.
Spoiler:
 
Hopefully that makes sense, it seems like it might be confusing lol
Im on ep 18 now btw
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Clannad   Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:52 pm

Ep 19 and 20 kindve ruin my 2nd theory
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Clannad   Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:42 am

so i won't confirm or deny anything you said about the robot and the girl. But i will say you are on the right track some places and TOTALLY off other places Razz . BTW i wouldn't look too deep into it. I remember when i was watching it, from the very beginning i said to myself, *meh, i bet the robot is ___* and i was right lol. Also, maybe coz it was the dub, i didn't really understand all of it and had to look it up.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Clannad   Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:42 am

Damnit Bacon, i am very disappointed, although the very final episode makes up for it a bit

Spoiler:
 

I will watch after story only because of that final episode being good on the hope that after story will be more along those lines
But if it doesnt live up to that i will hold you personally responsible bacon

Watched ep 1 of after story

Spoiler:
 

I thought after story was going to be a short ova series, 6 episodes max based on its name, but its actually a full 2nd season
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Clannad   Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:13 pm

The robot thing goes on and is pretty much only explained at the end of after story.

I didnt notice things not follow up properly, but i promise after story is some good shit. I always look at season 1 as a very average show (just as you mentionned), but after story is where clannad really shines.
Back to top Go down
hlw_rocer
Corporal
Corporal



PostSubject: Re: Clannad   Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:00 pm

i agree with bacon
season 1 sucks compared to after story
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Clannad   Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:26 pm

Just finished ep 12 of after story and its amazing, i take back my complaints earlier about the drama club stuff from season 1
Ill also say that ive never seen an anime do this before
Spoiler:
 

I still have some complaints, entirely based around fuko, but ill wait before i start really complaining about it
I intend to finish the rest of the series today so there should be 1 more post either tonight, or tomorrow, if there isnt then something interrupted my marathon
Back to top Go down
 
Clannad
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» CLANNAD--Anime Review

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan TMMM :: Movies, TV, and Anime :: Anime-
Jump to: