The official site of Clan TMMM
 
HomeHomeSearchUsergroupsFAQRegisterLog in


Latest topics
» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
by hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» Hey whats up
by Eat_bacon_daily Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:24 am

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
by Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
by Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
by Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
by Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

» What everyone been up to
by The_Chosen_Oreo Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:55 am

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
26%
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
35%
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
19%
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
10%
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
10%
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

Share | 
 

 Game of Thrones

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
avatar


PostSubject: Game of Thrones   Mon May 06, 2013 9:08 pm

Anyone else watching or reading this?
Ive read up to the last book, book 5. The books are pretty good, cept for the god aweful book 4.
Ive watched season 1 & 2 and a little of season 3. I liked season one because it was the most loyal to the book, season 2 was alright and i think season 3 is kind of a mess. There are too many characters to make a coherent TV show. But i guess its alright.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Tue May 07, 2013 4:28 am

Im watching it, and its great, i havent read any of it
I havent seen the most recent episode that came out yesterday yet though

I like season 1 the most, season 2 was good, season 3 is better than season 2 so far
I like how theres so much stuff happening at the same time, there are a lot of characters to keep track of but theres only ~7 areas to know, and if you treat each 1 as there own separate mini-plot its easy to keep track of everything

Spoiler:
 

I say ~7 because it keeps changing, it does actually keep growing, but not by much, season 1 had 5 of these
Spoiler:
 
After writing it all down i realize its more complicated then "only ~7" (especially since 7 is multiple things) but still the show handles all these different things at once pretty well considering how much is crammed into each 1
Normally that kind of pacing would be unwatchable but they pull it off

My 1 complaint with it would be that (really its more of a 1/2 complaint)
Spoiler:
 



How far is book 4 from the current season, and, without spoiling anything, what was wrong with book 4
And how much different is season 2 from the books
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Tue May 07, 2013 10:42 am

-FYI the spoilers aren't book spoilers, they are just from the show, so you should have seen this stuff already.
I feel like theres alot more than 7 people's stories going on and the show even cut out a few from the book. I'm not sure how they will do season 4, since they could easily make it good or easily make it bad but theres gonna be a couple more POV characters. Especially with the arrival of the people of Dorne,
Spoiler:
 
Btw the ending of season 3, if they do it right will be the most surprising, annoying, epic, satisfying, exciting shit in the world.
Spoiler:
 

What made book 4 so annoying, is that since the authors story had gotten so vast, he had to divide Book 4 and Book 5 in terms of characters. By that that i mean book 4 had half the characters and book 5 had the other half. The 2 reasons this sucked, is you have no idea whats happening to your favorite characters, the stories that end in cliffhangers don't get resolved until book 5. The other reason, is because book 4's character half ALL FUCKING SUCK AND YOU HATE THEM. I don't remember but you get like Sansa, Queen Cersei, Arianne Martelle (You haven't met her yet), Samwell Tarly. The only interesting chars in this book are Arya, Jaime and Brienne, the reste is 900 pages of pure annoyingness. But i doubt they will divide season 4 and 5 the same way they did with the books, because it would be stupid and because in the books,
Spoiler:
 

And also just a question, do you ever get confused or forget the names of the people, because id think just by watching the show i wouldn't understand much, if they at least made some ugly transitions where you see the whole map and where the characters are it would be easier, but in the show the only map you see is in the intro (Btw the intro is fucking awesome.)

oh and final btw, remember this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v-b4huMjHU , His name's Benjen Stark. The books don't mention him since his disapearence, but i think he becomes important.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Tue May 07, 2013 3:00 pm

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
I feel like theres alot more than 7 people's stories going on and the show even cut out a few from the book. I'm not sure how they will do season 4, since they could easily make it good or easily make it bad but theres gonna be a couple more POV characters. Especially with the arrival of the people of Dorne
Yeah theres definitely more then 7 peoples stories, number 1 on my list has at least 5 going on at any 1 time, but since they interact with each other frequently i count all of it as 1 thing
Its like that for all of them
I said 7 is multiple because its the category for stuff that doesnt have a category and since they dont interact (most of the time) they would be in their own category, but they are so small with only a few characters or only last a couple episodes, or change so rapidly that its easier just to put them in a misc category

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
What made book 4 so annoying, is that since the authors story had gotten so vast, he had to divide Book 4 and Book 5 in terms of characters. By that that i mean book 4 had half the characters and book 5 had the other half. The 2 reasons this sucked, is you have no idea whats happening to your favorite characters, the stories that end in cliffhangers don't get resolved until book 5. The other reason, is because book 4's character half ALL FUCKING SUCK AND YOU HATE THEM. I don't remember but you get like Sansa, Queen Cersei, Arianne Martelle (You haven't met her yet), Samwell Tarly. The only interesting chars in this book are Arya, Jaime and Brienne, the reste is 900 pages of pure annoyingness. But i doubt they will divide season 4 and 5 the same way they did with the books, because it would be stupid and because in the books,
Spoiler:
 
I hope they dont split it up like that between seasons, that would be really weird for a show

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
And also just a question, do you ever get confused or forget the names of the people, because id think just by watching the show i wouldn't understand much, if they at least made some ugly transitions where you see the whole map and where the characters are it would be easier, but in the show the only map you see is in the intro (Btw the intro is fucking awesome.)
I forget names of side characters but not the main ones, and the characters i listed in my list where i dont use their name it means i havent learned what it is yet
Keeping track of where characters are is fairly easy, the locations all look unique enough to know what is what, i split up characters on that list based on location mostly and then i basically just keep track of the location but its been getting more complicated then that, the only time its hard is when they are traveling because non-specific locations all look the same

Spoiler:
 

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
oh and final btw, remember this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v-b4huMjHU , His name's Benjen Stark. The books don't mention him since his disapearence, but i think he becomes important.
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Kallock
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Tue May 07, 2013 5:03 pm

this shows the most OVERRATED show on TV.
NOTHING EVER HAPPENS IN IT
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Tue May 07, 2013 6:40 pm

MY FIENDISH PLAN WORKED, I GOT KALLOCK TO POST ON THE FORUMS. GG IM OUT.

As for Benjen, wihout spoling, were going to have to revisit your theory at the end of season 3.
Also i agree with slayer that not that much happens in the show, because they cut out major battles and only keep the final battles to make good season finallys, but there are other attractive parts of the show.
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Wed May 08, 2013 12:38 pm

I love this show. I've only watched the show, (I'm fully caught up) and have yet to read the books. I am planning to just haven't got around to doing it yet. For most of season 1 I had no idea what anyone's name was, I just went by faces. Now I'm pretty solid I think I know who everyone is, unless it's an obscure person we have seen once or twice. I totally forgot about Benjen Stark, no idea he existed. Is he a direct decedent of Ned?
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Wed May 08, 2013 2:02 pm

Kallock wrote:
this shows the most OVERRATED show on TV.
NOTHING EVER HAPPENS IN IT
A lot of stuff happens
Theres just not that many battles, or even that much action at times
I like how it has quite/slow moments and not just action all the time
It makes the world feel more real, theres not always a world changing fight/event happening at every moment, just like in real life

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
Also i agree with slayer that not that much happens in the show, because they cut out major battles and only keep the final battles to make good season finallys, but there are other attractive parts of the show.
How are they cutting out major battles and still stay with the same story as the book
Surely important characters would die in major battles and if the show cut those battles out then those characters wouldnt die in the show and the story would have to be much different from the books because of it
Unless no important characters died during those battles in the book, which wouldnt really make them major battles then

marksoccer wrote:
I love this show. I've only watched the show, (I'm fully caught up) and have yet to read the books. I am planning to just haven't got around to doing it yet. For most of season 1 I had no idea what anyone's name was, I just went by faces. Now I'm pretty solid I think I know who everyone is, unless it's an obscure person we have seen once or twice. I totally forgot about Benjen Stark, no idea he existed. Is he a direct decedent of Ned?
I think benjen was johns cousin, so hes neds nephew

Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Wed May 08, 2013 2:40 pm

There was a couple time in season 2 that we saw Rob Stark after a battle hitting on the doctor chick (who's name escapes me) while she's helping someone. So maybe in the books those battles play out
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Wed May 08, 2013 7:26 pm

Quote :
How are they cutting out major battles and still stay with the same story as the book
Surely important characters would die in major battles and if the show cut those battles out then those characters wouldnt die in the show and the story would have to be much different from the books because of it
Unless no important characters died during those battles in the book, which wouldnt really make them major battles then

Spoiler:
 

Quote :
I think benjen was johns cousin, so hes neds nephew
Benjen is Eddards younger brother. You should already know also that Eddards older brother died while being chocked to death as he watched his father burn alive
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Wed May 08, 2013 10:00 pm

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
Spoiler:
 
That does sound cool
Spoiler:
 
And dont forget to use spoiler tags bacon

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
Benjen is Eddards younger brother. You should already know also that Eddards older brother died while being chocked to death as he watched his father burn alive
Ah, yeah, that makes more sense, john is bens nephew
I knew someone was someones nephew/uncle but i couldnt remember who so i thought ben must be jons cousin for what i was thinking to work
Havent seen season 1 in like 2 years, and so much has happened in the show since then that i forget family relation ships, other then that they are in the same family
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Thu May 09, 2013 8:51 pm

Sorry bout the spoilers.
Spoiler:
 

But keep posting when the shows get released, i wanna hear what think about what happens in the show. Especially an event in particular Wink

[wow]What is this WOW thing?[/wow]
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Mon May 13, 2013 11:08 pm

I found this awesome picture of that battle i was talking about
Spoiler:
 

Also i watched episode 7 and i think they won't actually show the entire ending of book 3, there just doesn't seem to be enough time, although i could be wrong. But theres so much important events that happen, but they all start with some kind of build up. Unless the next episode starts building up all the upcoming events, there just wont be any time for the awesomness.
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:25 pm

Episode 9 S3
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:16 pm

Mark just made a facebook post about this show, but apparently doesn't care enough about us to talk about it here.

all in favor of banning mark?
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:36 am

BANNED!!
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:41 am

My reaction was just :O the entire scene. I was fairly unadulterated to what was going to happen.

Spoiler:
 


I started reading the books now so I can see the difference between them and so I can find out what happens next, I can't do this waiting week to week and year to year thing, I don't think my heart can take it.
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:56 am

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:58 am

They said that this season is going to be about half the third book.
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:52 am

They showed a lot more than half, they are only skipping like 250 pages as far as ive seen, but in those 250 pages theres like massive awesomness.
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:33 pm

Well that should be a fun 4th season.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:18 pm

Just saw S3 E9

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:21 pm

number 5?
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:22 pm

marksoccer wrote:
Well that should be a fun 4th season.
marksoccer wrote:
Number 5?

OMFG MARK! DO YOU KNOW WHAT SPOILER TAGS ARE?!?! USE THEM!!!
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:11 am

marksoccer wrote:
number 5?

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   

Back to top Go down
 
Game of Thrones
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Game of Thrones-style Vampire Clan Banners
» Character Actor Thread
» Adnan Khashoggi & Wendy D Green know vs Terminators Game of Thrones 9.0.9
» Game of Thrones
» Game of thrones fans

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan TMMM :: Movies, TV, and Anime :: TV Shows-
Jump to: