The official site of Clan TMMM
 
HomeHomeSearchUsergroupsFAQRegisterLog in


Latest topics
» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
by hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» Hey whats up
by Eat_bacon_daily Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:24 am

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
by Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
by Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
by Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
by Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

» What everyone been up to
by The_Chosen_Oreo Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:55 am

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
26%
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
35%
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
19%
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
10%
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
10%
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

Share | 
 

 Maybe we should change our name

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Should we change the name of clan/website
Yes
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
No
83%
 83% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 6
 

AuthorMessage
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
avatar


PostSubject: Maybe we should change our name   Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:08 pm

I mean the site is called tmmm, but none of us maze anymore. + i think since we changed our original identity from the start maybe it is time for an update. Anyhow some reasons as to why it would be good are:
>We get to vote and pick a new name
>New logos could be created
>New people might join because the name tmmm is obscure
>It would fit our actual identity as a group. We started as a war3 mazing clan, but now that we don't do that any more are we really a war3 mazing clan any more? It's the same thing as calling a broken umbrella, an umbrella. It no longer serves its function as an umbrella, yet we still call it one even though it isn't. A broken umbrella is broken, it certainly is not an umbrella, so why call it one!? Same damn idea with our clan but we can actually choose to rename our clan/website.

I think since we evolved from a war3 clan, into an all around gaming community that has continued to stick together we should try and change our image as to expand upon itself.

Now why is it a bad idea to change the name?
>well we all enjoy it and no one wants to see it changed. I think that no one is going to forget the name, hell we will still have parts of the forum dedicated to it in some way.
>old friends/old members might not be able to find the website. This kinda fixes itself because we would get new ones.
>Omg too much work, don't want to. Well get off your damn ass and do it pat.

Just some thought.
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Maybe we should change our name   Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:45 pm

AmAzIn[G] wrote:
we get to vote and pick a knew name
thats only a point for why this is a good thing if you're already persuaded that we should change the name. i.e. "vote for me as your leader, cuz you get to vote, and you get me as your leader"
AmAzIn[G] wrote:
New logos could be created
New logos can be created anyway. What your actually saying is "we wont be able to use the logos we already have, and we will be forced to create different ones" we've said before that logos can be basically anything that's related to what we play, that wouldn't change, so instead of having new logos to add to the collection, we'd just have a smaller pool of logos.
AmAzIn[G] wrote:
New people might join because the name tmmm is obscure
ahhh, so thats why all our recruiting strategies havn't been working. Wait, what recruiting strategies have we been employing? none? so why would we suddenly get an influx of people just from a label change? how about you try recruiting people, and if their reason for not joining is "jee i'd really love to be part of a gaming community, but dat names just so confuzziling" and then you'll have a valid thought.
AmAzIn[G] wrote:
It's the same thing as calling a broken umbrella, an umbrella. It no longer serves its function as an umbrella, yet we still call it one even though it isn't. A broken umbrella is broken, it certainly is not an umbrella, so why call it one!? Same damn idea with our clan but we can actually choose to rename our clan/website.

This is one of the worst constructed analogies I've ever seen. And I love my poorly constructed analogies.
Your equating the change/ceasing of function of a physical object to the evolution of a dynamic group.
Since similar objects are created in different times and by different peoples, its important we have a common term in language for them. I.e. For object Z (Z must indicate Z'ness), which can then be made by company X and company Y (X and Y now need not indicate Z'ness). Since a social group only has a singular possible origin, not pluralistic like for objects, there is little comparison.

AmAzIn[G] wrote:
A broken umbrella is broken, it certainly is not an umbrella, so why call it one!?
Yes it is, you cant make your argument unless your argument is false "a broken umbrella is broken, it certainly is not an umbrella"
The "umbrella" even after being broken had to retain its designation as an umbrella for you to even be able to refer to it. A "broken umbrella" is not an entirely different object by any means, we dont suddenly start calling them zebras, and they certainly dont turn into pianos. its still an umbrella, and it can be easily fixed back into a working umbrella.
OH WAIT, we dont have an umbrella anymore, it became a "working umbrella" fuck, i wish i still had my regular "umbrella" i hate this god damn "working umbrella." Wait no, i dont want a "regular umbrella" either i just want an "umbrella" or maybe i want THE "umbrella" i cant even choose between all these options.
Except they're all obviously the same. perhaps one cant serve its function as well as the other, but that really doesn't matter, because these distinctions are so small and so easily reversed that they dont constitute new classes of objects. Hence if i break my leg, i wont have to change my name, and when i die, i wont get a new designation on my tombstone.

Also, since we like bad analogies today, a social group such as ours is a construct of social animals (people) so the naming criteria should probably be something like how we handle naming for those said animals. Amaz, when was the last time you changed your name to better fit your function? when you got into college? highschool? decided you were an artist? middle school? what that? you've never changed your name? how the fuck do people know what/who you are? what a freak you must be.

AmAzIn[G] wrote:
Now why is it a bad idea to change the name?
you dont actually provide any counter points to your argument.

AmAzIn[G] wrote:
Omg too much work, don't want to. Well get off your damn ass and do it pat
why's pat the one that needs to get off his ass?
So far we need:
a) new name (still havn't heard one)
b) new members (no ideas on how to get them, let alone any evidence that you would be willing to work towards getting them)
c) A new set of logos (and one could at least make a few of them in a style that only needed a name in order to finalize them)

How about you get off your ass before puking your silly ideas all over the place?


Lots of love, hugs, and kisses,
-Ach
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Maybe we should change our name   Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:28 pm

AmAzIn[G] wrote:
I mean the site is called tmmm, but none of us maze anymore.
By itself the letters TMMM have nothing to do with mazing or mazes
You would have to know what the letters stand for to associate it with that
At 1 point the site had something like "The best mazing clan on US East" but i changed that a long time ago to what it says now ("The official site of clan tmmm")
So theres nothing here that is specific to mazing anymore (except maybe the wc3 links on the side, which i could get rid of if people really wanted me to)

AmAzIn[G] wrote:
>We get to vote and pick a new name
I agree with what ach said in response to this point

AmAzIn[G] wrote:
>New people might join because the name tmmm is obscure
Whatever name we replace it with will be just as or even more obscure
Even if it was a more common thing it wouldnt have an effect on people joining or not
And its not like we have been trying to get people to join either, like ach was saying

AmAzIn[G] wrote:
>It would fit our actual identity as a group. We started as a war3 mazing clan, but now that we don't do that any more are we really a war3 mazing clan any more? It's the same thing as calling a broken umbrella, an umbrella. It no longer serves its function as an umbrella, yet we still call it one even though it isn't. A broken umbrella is broken, it certainly is not an umbrella, so why call it one!? Same damn idea with our clan but we can actually choose to rename our clan/website.
A broken umbrella is still an umbrella, its an umbrella that is broken, like Ach said, worst analogy ever
But that aside, the letters TMMM which is the name we use here, has nothing to do with mazing or wc3 as i said above

AmAzIn[G] wrote:
>Omg too much work, don't want to. Well get off your damn ass and do it pat.
The "TMMM" name is in 7 places on the site, including the logo(s) (all logos count as 1 place)
It would take all of 1 minute to change 6 of those places to something else, the logos would take more time but i didnt actually make most of the logos
So the effort it would take on my part to change it would be negligible, unless your implying i should make a bunch more logos myself

AmAzIn[G] wrote:
>old friends/old members might not be able to find the website. This kinda fixes itself because we would get new ones.
This is the biggest reason why the name of the site itself http://tmmm.forumclan.com cant change

If we changed it to something else eventually the current address would become inactive and anyone that didnt know the address of the new site by that time would eventually come to the site and see a 404 error message and would just think the site was gone forever


If you want we can change what the letters in TMMM stand for, ive suggested this in the past
But we should keep the TMMM letters
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Maybe we should change our name   Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:42 pm

My original post was "maybe you should go fuck yourself"
Then when i was checking the spelling I must have blacked out and an essay appeared in its place somehow.
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Maybe we should change our name   Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:54 am

There's not much to say apart from what Ach already said, but I'm curious as to how you were trying to recruit more people.
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Maybe we should change our name   Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:04 pm

I haven't read this entire post, because through the poll, it's obvious where this is going, but some new logos would be kewl. I could make some of my crappy trademark powerpoint logos, like i did last time, but i wouldn't know what to put on them. Anime maybe? Or maybe just a giant stripe of bacon Razz
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Maybe we should change our name   Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:42 pm

Yes, yes to the bacon
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Maybe we should change our name   Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:50 am

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
I haven't read this entire post, because through the poll, it's obvious where this is going, but some new logos would be kewl. I could make some of my crappy trademark powerpoint logos, like i did last time, but i wouldn't know what to put on them. Anime maybe? Or maybe just a giant stripe of bacon Razz

I like the idea of anime logos but its really just me and you that watch anime
And hlw, and mark (he used to watch it), and seren, and maybe others that havent really said anything
But me and you are the only ones that actually talk about it here
So it wouldnt work

Bacon strips might work
I think we all share a love for bacon
I actually just ate bacon on my bacon egg and cheese bagel, the bacon made it 50x better then a plain egg and cheese bagel
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Maybe we should change our name   Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:59 pm

Anime would be great, and everyone shares that love for bacon, except for amaz, he's vegetarian.
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Maybe we should change our name   Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:47 pm

marksoccer wrote:
Anime would be great, and everyone shares that love for bacon, except for amaz, he's vegetarian.

1. No I'm not
2. Mark you're Canadian, which is worse than me be a vegetarian
3. You're a liar because of #1


Last edited by AmAzIn[G] on Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Maybe we should change our name   Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:52 pm

I swear you said you are?
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Maybe we should change our name   Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:06 pm

Im the one that's a vegetarian. Maybe i said it in wc3 chat, cus its hard to tell if its me or amaz thats talking. But i feel like i remember talking about it exclusively with you, so i'll just go ahead and be horribly offended that you forgot anyway.
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Maybe we should change our name   Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:38 pm

Yep you're the one, it was me you and amaz talking in the forum chat. The someone said vegetarian so I assumed amaz being the art student would also be the vegetarian.
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Maybe we should change our name   Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:25 pm

Not fitting your art school stereotype actually makes me really happy lol, but I'm not sure as to why.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Maybe we should change our name   Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:40 pm

Wow mark
I remember talking about canadian bacon once and you knew ach was a vegetarian then
I think other people were there but i remember you specifically using ach and vegetarian in the same sentence because you were surprised that he was one
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Maybe we should change our name   Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:55 pm

Yea I remember that now, I don't know why I forgot it when I made the initial comment. I wanna try Canadian bacon, I hear a lot about it from Americans, but we don't have any here.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Maybe we should change our name   Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:49 pm

I dont know why we call it canadian bacon but its just smoked ham
It is better then regular ham with eggs but compared to bacon its crap

I always thought the name was from canada being the first to use smoked ham in place of real bacon, but i dont know if they even were the first to do that
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Maybe we should change our name   Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:09 am

Lol, I've never even heard of smoked ham being substituted for bacon
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Maybe we should change our name   Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:56 am

I always assumed it was a Canadian thing...
Now that i've met a Canadian thats never even heard of it i feel like my world's been destroyed.
I dont know what to think anymore

Next your gonna tell me itialian dressing isn't common in itially
French bread isn't made exclusively in france!


(The last two i always knew were bs, but i really thought the canadian thing was legit)
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Maybe we should change our name   Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:20 pm

Achilles.42 wrote:
I always assumed it was a Canadian thing...
Now that i've met a Canadian thats never even heard of it i feel like my world's been destroyed.
I dont know what to think anymore

Next your gonna tell me itialian dressing isn't common in itially
French bread isn't made exclusively in france!

Oh god i didnt give it that much thought but you're right
The world is crumbling around me

French fries arent potatoes that have been fried in a french way, they are just deep dried
English muffins aren't brittian's answer to frosting
Russian dressing is just mayo ketchup and a little bit of horseradish theres nothing russian about it at all
Boston clam chowder isn't made in boston daily and delivered to restaurants worldwide
French toast is a lie, its not even toast
Swedish meatballs are just meatballs
American cheese is just processed cheese cut into squares and individually wrapped for convenience, well that actually does sounds like the american way so i guess that one is correct, but still

Everything i know is wrong
The world has lied to us ach
But we knew this day would come, its time to invoke the pact, you know what to do
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Maybe we should change our name   Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:59 pm

Pat1487 wrote:

Everything i know is wrong
The world has lied to us ach
But we knew this day would come, its time to invoke the pact, you know what to do

I think when you realize these things are true you're an adult :'(
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Maybe we should change our name   Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:39 pm

well i guess from the sound of things we ended up changing our name from
The Mazeing Myrmidon Masters
to
The Mazing Myrmidon Masters

Game fucking changing, guys.
you really scrapped the place while i was gone
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Maybe we should change our name   Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:58 pm

No one made any suggestions for the letters so we didnt change it
And the ones i came up with were stupid
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Maybe we should change our name   Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:30 pm

what did you come up with? i didnt see anything?

and im vegetarian too mark, way to remember </3
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Maybe we should change our name   Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:35 pm

I didnt post any because i knew how dumb they were the second i thought of them

The Mighty Mutant Muchachos
The Magnificent Mustache Men
The Majestic Murder Machines
The Meticulous Masturbation Masters
The Mysterious Mythical Moisteners
The Magical Magnetic Molesters

Are the ones i remember thinking of, but they were all as bad as those
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Maybe we should change our name   

Back to top Go down
 
Maybe we should change our name
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» faction change MAY start next week
» Going to Nala's cabin to change.. xD. (KATNISS.)
» BF3 screen name change
» New Admin and Change of Forum Address
» LEGO Build the Change (BTC) Event Opportunity

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan TMMM :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: