The official site of Clan TMMM
 
HomeHomeSearchUsergroupsFAQRegisterLog in


Latest topics
» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
by hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» Hey whats up
by Eat_bacon_daily Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:24 am

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
by Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
by Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
by Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
by Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

» What everyone been up to
by The_Chosen_Oreo Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:55 am

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
26%
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
35%
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
19%
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
10%
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
10%
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

Share | 
 

 Top 10 favorite anime

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Pat1487
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Top 10 favorite anime   Tue May 01, 2012 1:32 am

I think i mentioned posting a list like this twice since weve been talking about anime recently
This list only includes shows, so there are no movies on it, i would have to make another list for anime movies (which i probably wont do), although if a series on this list has a movie i will mention it
The list also only has anime released in the past 10 years which is why trigun, cowboy bebop, outlaw star and other classics arent on it
This post will contain no spoilers for any of the anime listed, just some of the plot info you learn from the first episode or 2 of the show
Ive also included the OP of each anime, the OP is the opening sequence to the anime and can give you a good idea of the style of the show (the real reason i put the OPs in is because this much text needs something to break it up other than more text lol)

10. Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Plot: A schoolgirl named Madoka and her friend Sayaka are approached by a small strange creature named Kyubey, who offers to grant each of them one wish in return for turning them each into magical girls (magical girl is a catch all term in anime for girls that have a specific type of magic power usually used for fighting)
Another magical girl named Homura, who appeared to Madoka in a dream before the two ever met, tries to prevent Madoka from making that deal, while Kyubey urges Madoka by telling her she will become the most powerful magical girl ever

OP:


Now I know what your probably thinking after reading the above and i would normally agree with you, but this show is far better than it should be for what it is
I really didn't want to start the list with this because of the first impression you might get from this being here but i did want to do the list in reverse order and decided to just do it anyway
I can't go into detail why something like this would be so high up on my favorite anime because it would spoil it, but lets just say its dark and interesting to the end
Also, the op i posted isnt the real op, i couldnt find the real one on youtube, this one is much better though and more accurately captures the tone of the series
It has 2 different art styles, 1 that i dislike and 1 that i love, the one i dislike is the one you see the most of and i dislike it mainly because of the character designs
Its 12 episodes long with 3 movies coming out, the first one will be out in the fall, the first 2 will recap the events of the show and the 3rd movie will be a new story
If you have never seen anime before this is not a show you would want to start with


9. Mirrai Nikki

Plot: Yukiteru "Yuki" is a loner who spends most of his time writing a diary on his cell phone or talking with his imaginary friend named Deus Ex Machina, the god of time and space
One day, Deus gives Yuki a special diary, mentioning something about a game. Strangely, Yuki's new diary has entries in it that he didnt add, entries about the future that come true to Yuki's surprise.
Deus, who is not so imaginary after all, explains that Yuki is to battle 11 other people, who all have diaries that tell the future in a unique way similar to the diary he has, in a survival game where the last one standing gets to take Deus's place as god.

OP:


This show ended recently and was the most recent anime that ive seen
The amount of information each person participating in the game gets to see about the future is different even though its the same future events that are predicted
Not only that but since all 12 know the future they can change it by taking different actions after seeing what the future is, the new actions taken updates to all 12 of the different diaries with the future of those actions, and since the nature of how the future is shown to each is different they can use it to their advantage or will need to compensate for it
It leads to very interesting situations and the over all goal to become god makes it even better
It has twists that come out of no where but make perfect sense
This show would be a lot higher on the list if it wasn't for the main female character, its not that i dont like her, its the way other characters react to her, including Yuki
That isn't really a problem at the beginning but as the show goes on youll see what i mean
The show is 26 episodes long with a live action drama that is currently airing in japan but its plot is different from the anime (i havent seen it, but probably will out of curiosity)
There will probably be a movie or at least an OVA at some point to continue the events of the anime (OVA is short for original video animation which in this case means 1 episode, sometimes more, made after the show ended that either takes place at some random point during the events of the show or continues it usually in a way that either expands upon what was shown or is comedic for fun)


8. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Plot: Kyon is an ordinary first-year high school student who has given up his fantasies of espers, time travelers, and aliens as he left middle school. However, sitting behind him is the beautiful, intelligent, and eccentric girl Haruhi Suzumiya, who in her class introduction blatantly states her singular desire to meet aliens, time travelers, or espers. Interested, Kyon starts trying to make small talk with her before class, eventually leading to normal conversations with Haruhi. One day, after making a comment about Haruhi's displeasure with the available school clubs, he finds himself dragged into membership of the newly formed Save the World by Overloading it with Fun Haruhi Suzumiya (or SOS) Brigade. Haruhi quickly claims the Literature Club's room and its sole member, the silent bibliophile Yuki Nagato as property of the SOS Brigade and "voluntary arrests" the timid but cute Mikuru Asahina and the polite, smiling Itsuki Koizumi as the club's other two members. As the story progresses, however, Kyon finds that each of these supposedly "helpless victims" are actually agents of fantastic organizations who have been sent to monitor Haruhi, who they explain as having superhuman abilities of manipulating the universe. Haruhi's unawareness of her powers means that she unconsciously creates a new universe—one more to her liking—and attempts to switch over whenever she becomes bored or otherwise dissatisfied with reality. To prevent this, the members of Haruhi's club spend their time trying to keep their god-like leader entertained, hold her powers in check, and maintain the illusion of a normal life.

OP:


Hurray wikipedia for your plot synopsis!
Yeah i really didn't look forward to trying to write out a plot summary for this show because its completely insane, im going to use wikipedia to help me write the others to save some time
I know the plot description may look like its spoiling stuff, but its really not, the majority of the show is the antics that are caused by Haruhi and sometimes the other characters
The reason i like the show as much as i do is because of Kyon, he narrates and its all from his perspective, hes probably my favorite character of anything (anime, movies, tv shows, books) of all time
The plot primaryly involves time travel and some crazy situations come up with how powerful and unstable Haruhi is
I recommend watching this show in english rather then with subtitles because the english voice actors are as good if not better then the Japanese, specifically Kyon
The show has 2 "seasons" and a movie, I put seasons in quotes because the way you should watch this is ridiculous
Theres several different ways to watch it, im going to tell you the way i watched it because i think its the best way (its also the most confusing in both the way you watch it and in the way the story is presented)
Theres no spoilers here, i just put it in the episode order in a spoiler tag to save space
Spoiler:
 
If the place you get your anime from doesnt have the episode names then you are screwed
Youll notice there are 4 Endless Eight episodes there, thats intentional, there are actually 8 episodes with that title, what you have to do for that is watch the first 2 and then watch the last 2, you could watch all 8 of them if you want but youll quickly see why i say to only watch half of them (those 8 episodes are the worst ones of the series, the first and last one arent bad)
The movie takes place after all that and is incredibly good
There should be at least 1 other movie at some point to continue the events but im pretty sure nothing was announced about it
I read the rest after watching the movie because i didnt want to wait, if you get to that point ill tell you which chapter that starts after the movie
This anime is not one you should start with if you've never watched anime


7. Bokurano

Plot: During a summer camp, 15 children find a grotto by the sea. Deep within they discover working computers and some electronic equipment, and later the owner, a man who introduces himself as "Kokopelli". Kokopelli claims to be a programmer working on a brand new game, in which a large robot has to defend the Earth against fifteen alien invasions. He persuades the children to test the game and enter into a contract. All but one of them agree, and a moment later they mysteriously awaken on the shore, believing what happened was just a dream.
That night, two giant robots appear suddenly by the beach. They are transported into the black robot and find Kokopelli already inside and controlling it in order to defeat the white enemy robot. During battle, he gives the children a brief tutorial on how to pilot the robot as he destroys the enemy. Once he has finished, he tells the children that they are on their own now and sends them back to the beach.
The next night, a small creature calling himself "Koyemshi" appears and claims to be their guide. He then teleports the children into the black robot. One of the children is chosen as the pilot of the robot and must use it to defeat an enemy robot that appears. The children are tasked with defending the earth from invaders.

OP:


The tone of this show is why i like it, i wont tell you what the tone is to avoid spoilers, youll find out soon after starting it
I don't normally like shows that involve giant robots, in fact theres only 2 that i do like, both of which are on this list because of how great they are
Each episode focuses on 1 of the kids lives, the current or next pilot, while also explaining the overall story
The explanation for what is happening, why robots are attacking, is brilliant and sets the tone even further
The show has 24 episodes


6. Eden of the East

Plot: On Monday, November 22, 2010, ten missiles strike against uninhabited areas of Japan, claiming no victims. This apparent terrorist act is referred to as "Careless Monday" and disregarded by most people. The series begins three months later, on Sunday, February 13, 2011, when a young Japanese woman named Saki Morimi visits Washington D.C. as part of her graduation trip. When she gets into trouble, a mysterious Japanese man, who introduces himself as Akira Takizawa, helps her through it. The man appears to have no memory and is completely naked, carrying only a gun and a cell phone charged with ¥8.2 billion in digital money. While they are coming back to Japan, they learn that a new missile has hit their country.
Akira discovers that his phone is part of a game, and that he himself is one of the participants. The game consists of twelve individuals, who are given ¥10 billion with the vague task to "save" Japan in some way. They are able to use the phone to call an organization with incredible influence, to fulfill any kind of order for a price in order to help them with that task.

OP:


From that plot summary you are probably reminded of the summary of Mirrai Nikki from above and while they do have similarities they are completely different
The task they are given to "save" japan is up for interpretation so its interesting to see how each of the people involved interpret that task and how they chose to use the money theyve been given to accomplish that interpretation
Since the main character has amnesia from the start of the series its presented in a way that makes it really easy to get into as we learn more about whats going on and where the phone is from, it actually reminds me a lot of the bourne identity at the beginning
Also some of it takes place in america and watching how japan views our culture is always fun
The series has 11 episodes and 2 movies, the movies continue the story from the end of the 11th episode
Both movies are essential to watch to know what the rest of the plot is


5. Steins;Gate

Plot: In the summer of 2010, self-proclaimed mad scientist, Rintaro Okabe, goes to Doctor Nakabachi's seminar on time travel with his friend, Mayuri Shiina.
While there, he meets a girl named Kurisu Makise who explicitly states that he had met her 15 minutes ago, despite having never seen her before.
Later on, Rintaro hears a scream and sees Kurisu lying in a pool of blood. As he sends a text about it to another one of his research buddies, Itaru Hashida, Rintaro has a strange experience, finding the street he is on has suddenly become deserted and a strange satellite has crashed into the building he was just in.
Later on, while fiddling with their strange remote-controlled microwave oven, which turns bananas into a gel-like substance, Itaru tells Rintaro that the seminar he supposedly attended was cancelled, much to his surprise. Rintaro later discovers that the text he sent to Itaru had been sent into the past, 1 week ago.

OP:


This series is about time-travel and i love the concept of time-travel
I almost didnt watch this series because i thought it was a spin-off of an anime called Chaos;Head, which had a lot of potential but ended up sucking
The only reason i did watch it was because seren suggested it to me after i forgot about how i originally rejected it
But its not number 5 on my list just because its about time-travel, its actually about something that happened in real life from 2001, which i remembered being interested in back in 2003 after watching the anime, i ended up looking into it again
The entire show is based on that real event, expanding on the fiction that was put forth by a real person in 2001
That plus the show being genuinely good puts it on this list
The show has 24 episodes and 1 OVA, the OVA continues the events from episode 24, confirming the ending of the series


4. Death Note

Plot: Light Yagami is an intelligent young adult who resents crime and corruption in the world. His life undergoes a drastic change when he discovers the Death Note, a notebook that contains five written instructions that imply that it is capable of killing anyone whose name is written into it.
After several experiments with the Death Note, Light realizes the notebook's authenticity and encounters the previous owner, a shinigami called Ryuk. Light explains to Ryuk his plan to use the Death Note to exterminate all the criminals in the world, until there are only people who he has judged to be honest and kind.

OP:


This show is awesome
The rules of the death note are so well defined from the beginning that everything Light does that involves the death note later on makes perfect sense
All the clues are there for you to figure out what's going to happen next but more often than not i wasnt able to, which is what made it so great
The story itself is entertaining as well
The show has 37 episodes, 2 OVAs and 2 live action movies
The first OVA recaps the first half of the series while the second recaps the second half, they add 1 or 2 interesting implications to what happened after episode 37
The live action movies are funny, the first one especially, the second one actually isnt bad, but the shinigami effects just make me laugh, the story in these are slightly different from the anime
This is probably the best anime to start with if you've never seen anime


3. Angel Beats!

Plot: Yuzuru Otonashi wakes up outside of a highschool with no recollection of how he got there. Immediately, he meets Yuri Nakamura who is aiming a sniper rifle at the student council president, Angel. Otanashi asks what Yuri is doing with that gun and Yuri offers Otonashi to join the SSS, an organization she is the leader of and that is fighting against Angel, whom Yuri believes to be a representative of God, but Otonashi thinks shes crazy and instead talks to Angel, who informs him that everyone is dead. Otonashi asks for proof, and then Angel impales him.
He wakes up with no injuries and it is explained that the SSS fights Angel to prevent her from erasing them from existence. So they have to struggle to hold on to whatever existence they have left in this highschool afterlife.

OP:


When i was ordering this list i put this show above death note and when i looked back at it later i thought to myself "is that really better then death note" i still think it is but i cant explain why
Technically death note is better, but theres just something about this anime that i really like and its difficult to explain what it is
I think its difficult because its not just 1 thing, the show does so many things right
I disagree with part of the ending to the show, but even with that i still like it overall
It has 13 episodes and an OVA, the OVA isnt very good and adds nothing to the story


2. Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Plot: Two brothers named Ed and Alphonse Elric live in a world where alchemy is a science and is widely used to change something into an equal value of another, a process called transmutation.
Ed excels at alchemy, even at a young age, and when their mother dies they attempt to bring her back using alchemy, something that is taboo and forbiden. The transmutation goes awry and Ed loses 2 limbs and Al loses his entire body. Ed thinks fast and attaches Al to a nearby suit of armor
Ed feels responsible for the lose of Al's body so to reclaim what theyve lost the 2 set out to find the Philosophers stone, a legendary stone that has been said to supercharge transmutations, which Ed believes they can use to get Al's body back.

OP:


Yes this is technically cheating, putting 2 animes in 1 spot on the list, but they are both so good that i couldn't leave either out and i didnt want them to take up 2 slots
Also i think they are about equal in terms of greatness so i couldn't put either ahead of the other
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is a remake of Fullmetal Alchemist, the remake takes a different path after awhile because it is based on the manga while the original Fullmetal Alchemist was going to be based on the manga, but since the manga wasnt done when the anime caught up to it the anime creators just decided to make up the rest based on what they had instead of putting in fillers until the manga got farther ahead
Normally something like that would fail horribly, but they ended up doing it really well and both the original and remake are really good
As for why they are good, well ive always liked the concept of bringing the dead back to life, the science behind the alchemy is explained really well, and the world that this all takes place in feels very fleshed out, especially in the remake
Fullmetal Alchemist has 51 episodes, 6 OVAs, and a movie
I havent seen the OVAs so i cant tell you anything about them, the movie takes place after the series and is good
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood has 64 episodes, 4 OVAs and a movie
I havent seen the OVAs or the movie for this
I suggest watching Fullmetal Alchemist before watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood


1. Code Geass

Plot: The series is set in an alternative present where the world is split into three superpowers, Britannia, The Chinese Federation, and the Euro Universe (EU). The story takes place after the Holy Britannian Empire's conquest on Japan in August 10, 2010 a.t.b., by means of Britannia's newest weapon, the "Armored Autonomous Knight", or Knightmare Frame, large pilotable robots. In turn, Britannia effectively strips Japan and its citizens of all rights and freedoms and renames the country Area 11 with its citizens referred to as Elevens.
Lelouch Lamperouge, the series' protagonist, meets a girl known as C.C. who, in order to save his life, makes a contract with him. Lelouch then gains a power called Geass, which allows him to command anyone to do what he wants, bending their will to live, fight, die, and follow orders. With this new power and his natural intelligence, Lelouch sets out to take Britannia down.

OP:


I already said this was my favorite anime in another post so im not going to say much more
But the story here is on such a large scale and so many things are going on that its always interesting to watch
It has everything you could want from an anime and more which easily puts it on the top of my favorite anime list
The show has 2 seasons, both are 25 episodes long, 2 OVAs that are each 120 minutes long and a spin-off series that starts in august called Code Geass: Akito the Exiled
1 OVA recaps the first season, and the other recaps the second season, i havent seen them so i dont know if the add anything
I look forward to the spin-off series, ive intentionally avoided learning anything about it, but i doubt it will be as good as the original
Theres a 3rd OVA but i cant find it anywhere, ive heard its supposed to be out on July 27th but i heard about it years ago so the july 27th thing may just the old release date for the spin-off series


So there it is, youll notice that the popular 3, bleach/one piece/naruto, arent on this list
Popular does not equal good, so while i do like bleach its not a very good show, its not bad either, just mediocre
Same goes for one piece, although i dont like that show, i just dont like the whole pirate thing, theres nothing wrong with the show itself
Naruto is just bad

If youve seen one of the ones i put here and disagree with me on it being worthy of being in a top 10 list tell me
Also feel free to post your own top 10 list here, you dont have to be as verbose as i was but it would be nice to see your reasoning for liking the things you like


Last edited by Pat1487 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Top 10 favorite anime   Wed May 02, 2012 8:24 pm

me having 2 finals tomorrow means its time to procrastinate. here's my list... i read a lot more manga than anime though so some will be mangas that i know have animes (and assume are good)

10.
Bleach (Season 1 & 2)

9.
Avatar the Last Airbender
i've already talked about why i like this one so much. summarizing though: despite being a kid show, it has amazing story telling and is kinda fun too. this is a very good anime to start with, but its got very little depth (definitely enjoyable though)

8.
I ran outta shows but really dont think the above 2 deserve higher numbers

7.
Ditto

6.
.Hack//Sign
Summary:
.hack//Sign is influenced by psychological and sociological subjects such as anxiety, escapism, and interpersonal relationships. The series focuses on a Wavemaster (magic user) named Tsukasa, a player character of a virtual-reality massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) called The World. Tsukasa wakes up to find himself in a dungeon in The World, but he suffers from short-term memory loss as he wonders where he is and how he got there. The situation gets worse when he discovers he is unable to log out and is trapped in the game. From then on, along with other players Tsukasa embarks on a quest to figure out the truth behind his abnormal situation.


i love virtual-world-fantasy-adventures. this ones got a tiny bit of dark in it which always makes any story so much more interesting.

5.
<unnamed>
this is a shout out to pat
he knows what it is
share my shame

4.
Cowboy Bebop
Summary:

The twenty-six episodes (“sessions”) of the series comprise a complete storyline set in the year 2071. It follows the adventures, misadventures and tragedies of a bounty hunter (“cowboy”) crew travelling on the Bebop, their spaceship. Cowboy Bebop also explores several philosophical concepts including existentialism, loneliness, and existential ennui.

really nothing to add to that

3.
Trigun
Summary:

Known for its Space Western theme, Trigun is about a man named "Vash the Stampede" and the two Bernardelli Insurance Society employees who follow him around in order to minimize the damages inevitably caused by his appearance. Most of the damage attributed to Vash is actually caused by bounty hunters in pursuit of the "60,000,000,000$$" (sixty billion "double dollars") bounty on Vash's head for the destruction of the city of July. However, he cannot remember the incident clearly due to his amnesia. Throughout his travels, Vash tries to save lives using non-lethal force. He is occasionally joined by a priest, Nicholas D. Wolfwood, who, like Vash, is a superb gunfighter with a mysterious past.

this is one of those shows that has a really good plot about some pretty dark things while being really consistently funny throughout. its hard to explain how it pulls that off, but its definitely worth watching

2.
Fullmetal Alchemist
See Pat's

1.
Code Geass
See Pat's
but I also completely agree with him that this show is hands down my favorite... just watching the intro video made me rewatch my favorite episodes
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Top 10 favorite anime   Wed May 02, 2012 10:07 pm

Serenity09 wrote:
10.
Bleach (Season 1 & 2)
The first 2 seasons of bleach are actually really good, just looking at those 2 seasons i would put say it was a great series
I was just saying it was mediocre as a whole

Serenity09 wrote:
5.
<unnamed>
this is a shout out to pat
he knows what it is
share my shame

If i did a top 20 list this show would be in the bottom 10 around 16 because it has such funny moments
I would have had to figure out a way to talk about it without saying its name or plot
Theres been 4 OVAs after the last episode, i cant remember if i said anything to you or if youve seen them, they all continue the series, the first OVA is the true ending and the other 3 continue from there
I think theres also going to be a 2nd season too but i read that on april 1st so it might have been a joke

And for those wondering what name could be so bad that neither of us would want to say it well its the kind of name that always implies the wrong idea no matter how you think of it
Even if we were to just describe the beginning of the plot youd jump to the wrong idea

Serenity09 wrote:
4.
Cowboy Bebop
Summary:

The twenty-six episodes (“sessions”) of the series comprise a complete storyline set in the year 2071. It follows the adventures, misadventures and tragedies of a bounty hunter (“cowboy”) crew travelling on the Bebop, their spaceship. Cowboy Bebop also explores several philosophical concepts including existentialism, loneliness, and existential ennui.

really nothing to add to that

3.
Trigun
Summary:

Known for its Space Western theme, Trigun is about a man named "Vash the Stampede" and the two Bernardelli Insurance Society employees who follow him around in order to minimize the damages inevitably caused by his appearance. Most of the damage attributed to Vash is actually caused by bounty hunters in pursuit of the "60,000,000,000$$" (sixty billion "double dollars") bounty on Vash's head for the destruction of the city of July. However, he cannot remember the incident clearly due to his amnesia. Throughout his travels, Vash tries to save lives using non-lethal force. He is occasionally joined by a priest, Nicholas D. Wolfwood, who, like Vash, is a superb gunfighter with a mysterious past.

this is one of those shows that has a really good plot about some pretty dark things while being really consistently funny throughout. its hard to explain how it pulls that off, but its definitely worth watching

These would have been in the top slots if i didnt exclude classics, trigun being tied with code geass and cowboy bebop in 2nd
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Top 10 favorite anime   Sun May 06, 2012 3:11 am

I used to love anime but I've never had much time to watch as of late, I'm trying to catch up. So I'll be using these as must sees.

Seren 2012


Last edited by marksoccer on Sun May 13, 2012 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Top 10 favorite anime   Fri May 11, 2012 9:53 pm

10. Gundam SEED
I was probably in first grade when i watched all the Gundam SEEDs, i really liked them and i can still clearly remember the final episode. Maybe i only like it now coz it reminds me of my childhood, i don't know.

9.Shaman King
I really enjoyed this manga, but it got cheesy at the end and the female characters just made me wanna murder myself.

8. Evangelion
I wasen't sure what was going on most of the show and shinji was kind of an annoying main character, but i actually liked the show. I learned alot of shit from its, coz i had to look up most everything they were mentioning. The movies are incredibly random, i liked the series though.

7. Inuyasha
The first 150 chapters were really good and the last 150 chapters were really good, the rest was aweful. But the fact that those 300 chapters where so good, allows this manga to get on my list. Sesshomaru is one of my favorite anime chars of all time.

6. DRAGON BALL Z
I don't know if it's just coz it gives me nostalgia boners or coz DBZ tribute on wc3 was so incredible, but i really liked this amv. In my opinion it's a classic. I read the books, the shows are painfully slow to watch.

7.Bleach
I would probably put this anime higher, because it's fucking awesome.... Well it is until the point where (Semi-Spoiler incoming) they beat the main enemy, and from then on it's kinda stupid...

5. Death Note
I really loved this show, but everything fell apart when my fav character....

4. Avatar: The last airbender
This was a really solid show. Slightly predictable, but i loved all the characters. I wish the end was a bit different, but what can you expect. (The legend of Korra is really good so far, but so many parts in the show just make you wanna watch the original avatar)

3.Naruto
Naruto = awesome. The entire story ties up so nicely. I wish the enemies in the war were something different, but it doesn't bother me that much.

2.Howl's moving castle
INCREDIBLE, it's a movie i know, but it's just that awesome.

1. Princess Mononoke
SO AWESOME I WANT TO MAKE LOVE TO THIS MOVIE





Btw, maybe it's coz my expectations where high, but i watched first 10 episodes of Code Geass and i really didn't like it. Does it get awesome later or where my expectations really too high?
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Top 10 favorite anime   Sun May 13, 2012 4:24 pm

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
Btw, maybe it's coz my expectations where high, but i watched first 10 episodes of Code Geass and i really didn't like it. Does it get awesome later or where my expectations really too high?

Me and seren may have hyped it up too much but by episode 10 it should be interesting
I remember there being an episode involving a cat early on in the series which is the worst episode of the show but even that isnt too bad

What do you not like about it
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Top 10 favorite anime   Sun May 13, 2012 5:11 pm

Yea I loved Code Geass, maybe not as much at pat and seren but it's in my top 3, at least I think so. I haven't watched much anime for a while. I need to get back to that.

And pat what would your favorite old anime be? Rurouni Kenshin? Cowboy Bebop?

Seren 2012


Last edited by marksoccer on Mon May 14, 2012 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Top 10 favorite anime   Sun May 13, 2012 8:32 pm

I think i was really too hyped, but the fact that most of Britannia people seemed to be pure evil for no reason kinda made me not like it. And there's no clear reason why they renamed japan Area 11, its so improbable that it made me feel like i was watching a kid show. Besides that it was ok, but again i think i was just too hyped. Same thing happened with inception, i was told it was the best movie ever and after watching it i actually didn't like it, coz my expectations where just wayyyyy too high
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Top 10 favorite anime   Mon May 14, 2012 2:05 am

Eat_bacon_Daily wrote:
but the fact that most of Britannia people seemed to be pure evil for no reason kinda made me not like it.
They are more corrupt than evil
And they are a military force so most of the people fighting on the Britannian side are just following corrupt orders
But theres at least 2 main characters on the Britannian side that are introduced by episode 10 that are clearly not evil/corrupt
I cant remember if one of them is revealed to be who they really are by episode 10 though, im pretty sure they are
And theres a reason for the evil/corruption, it just isnt explained until later

Eat_bacon_Daily wrote:
And there's no clear reason why they renamed japan Area 11, its so improbable that it made me feel like i was watching a kid show.
Its named Area 11 because Britannia renames everything they conquer by number
Japan happened to be the 11th area they conquered, and theres more then 11 areas
The show never says how many areas they have, but you can figure it out
I dont think the show ever actually says they rename stuff by number either, i cant remember if they ever outright say it, but its pretty heavily implied that thats how it works

Its supposed to convey the fact that Britannia conquers so much that the only way they can keep track of it all is to number them
Well i dont know if thats what its trying to convey, but thats what i got from it
It doesnt seem improbable to me, it seems like a very practical/logical way to do it if your going to be taking over that much stuff


The show does that a lot, implying something rather than just saying it with an exposition dump
Theres already a lot of exposition so if the show didnt imply things it would be all exposition all the time to fit the same amount of information in
You have to do some inferring to get the most out of what the show has to offer
Its one of the reasons i like it
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Top 10 favorite anime   Mon May 14, 2012 7:10 pm

I always thought that they number them so the citizens loose the connection with there original country. If you understand what I mean, you feel more connected to a place called Japan then Area 11, this would have a greater effect on the new generations not those who are already living. The lack of connection in turn lesson the likelihood of a revolution. At least that's what I thought.

Seren 2012
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Top 10 favorite anime   Mon May 14, 2012 8:15 pm

I think it's the opposite Mark, that's why i felt it wasn't realistic. If you take the country by force then take away the name, the people are gonna clearly get mad and revolt.
Quote :
Eat_bacon_Daily wrote:
but the fact that most of Britannia people seemed to be pure evil for no reason kinda made me not like it.

They are more corrupt than evil
And they are a military force so most of the people fighting on the Britannian side are just following corrupt orders
But theres at least 2 main characters on the Britannian side that are introduced by episode 10 that are clearly not evil/corrupt
I cant remember if one of them is revealed to be who they really are by episode 10 though, im pretty sure they are
And theres a reason for the evil/corruption, it just isnt explained until later

I think i was being too picky anyways, most shows have pure evil villains for no reason anyway.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Top 10 favorite anime   Tue May 15, 2012 12:25 am

marksoccer wrote:
I always thought that they number them so the citizens loose the connection with there original country. If you understand what I mean, you feel more connected to a place called Japan then Area 11, this would have a greater effect on the new generations not those who are already living. The lack of connection in turn lesson the likelihood of a revolution. At least that's what I thought.

Yeah, thats a good reason for doing it too
Back to top Go down
popartica.
Corporal
Corporal



PostSubject: Re: Top 10 favorite anime   Wed May 16, 2012 12:11 am

afro samurai is good. nice n short 5 episodes of brutal killing. one piece is good aswell only down fall is it gets good at episode 20 n theres 500 plus episodes right now lol so ull never catch up, or ull have lots to watch in a years time.
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Top 10 favorite anime   Sat May 19, 2012 9:20 pm

i'm at episode 7 of Mirai Nikki, i started watching it because of the awesome amv, and because i was curious to see if we have same taste in animes.

I can't really describe this show....
It starts off with an incredible plot idea, then it gets a lil slow. Then something totally random happens. Then it gets weird. Im only on episode 7, im afraid to go on.

I don't get what you mean about the female main char in the show, but you said id understand later on, so we'll see.
Overall i strangely like this show... and yet i confused

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Top 10 favorite anime   Mon May 21, 2012 5:31 pm

OMG THAT'S HOW IT ENDS!!!!! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!?!?!?!??!?!


I really liked this show (Wich explains why i watched the entire series in 3 days). So much shit happens in this show, that isn't cliche. I think that's what made it good for me, coz i couldnt predict how people were gonna act, because they never acted like they were suppose too. Also this show plays with you man, that crazy pink haired chick, during the entire show i wasn't sure if i wanted them to end up together or not.
DAMN YOU PAT ADVISING ON GOOD ADDICTIVE ANIME SERIES. U KILLED MY ENTIRE WEEKEND!

btw, i still don't know what you mean about the maine female character.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Top 10 favorite anime   Mon May 21, 2012 6:14 pm

Glad you enjoyed it

Eat_Bacon_Daily wrote:
btw, i still don't know what you mean about the maine female character.
It might just be me but
Spoiler:
 


You should watch number 10 on my list next
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Top 10 favorite anime   Mon May 21, 2012 8:29 pm

Wow, now that you mention it.. It's true lol. I usually note these kind of things too, I think the reason i didn't notice it, is because straight off the second episode, a highly improbable crazy thing happens. So maybe i told myself not to go to deep into shit from that point on.

So your saying i should watch the weird super hero girls with their pet save the world. I think ill probably give it a chance, because of that SUPER INTERESTING thing you keep mentionning, i might not watch it all, depending on how good the first few episodes are.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Top 10 favorite anime   Mon May 21, 2012 9:28 pm

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
Wow, now that you mention it.. It's true lol. I usually note these kind of things too, I think the reason i didn't notice it, is because straight off the second episode, a highly improbable crazy thing happens. So maybe i told myself not to go to deep into shit from that point on.
Thats true
But i do that sort of thing all the time
Theres an anime called Deadman Wonderland where some one is implausibly framed for something impossible and sentenced to an amusement park themed prison and the thing that i found least believable about that situation is that in that prison the female inmates can interact with male inmates without the guards stopping them

Its because i accept that in the world set up by the show (any show) those sort of implausible or impossible things are normal or possible while other implausible things that go against basic human behavior (when dealing with humans) are still out of place to me

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
So your saying i should watch the weird super hero girls with their pet save the world. I think ill probably give it a chance, because of that SUPER INTERESTING thing you keep mentionning, i might not watch it all, depending on how good the first few episodes are.
Yeah, youll see what i mean in after the first couple episodes
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Top 10 favorite anime   Tue May 22, 2012 1:43 pm

haha i love deadman wonderland and wow i totally never even questioned the setup for it.
i think the only time i ever thought "this is stupid" for the show was when the main character is fucking retarded when it comes to fighting.

there's another show, air gear, which is based around electric roller blades where everyone can pull off tricks that belong in a tony hawk skating game. i actually really enjoyed it but its pretty fucking weird

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Top 10 favorite anime   Tue May 22, 2012 10:40 pm

I'm probably not gonna watch Puella magi right away, because my friend has been harassing me for the past months to watch Stein's Gate and it's on your list anyways. So i'll tell you what i think when i start watching it Smile
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Top 10 favorite anime   Tue May 22, 2012 11:09 pm

Stein's Gate is good too
I only said to watch number 10 next because you said something about it in the amv topic

Serenity09 wrote:
haha i love deadman wonderland and wow i totally never even questioned the setup for it.
i think the only time i ever thought "this is stupid" for the show was when the main character is fucking retarded when it comes to fighting.

I didnt question it either, until the part with Shiro and the guards not doing anything to separate her from the men
As soon as i thought about that i started thinking about how implausible the rest of it was and how ridiculous it was of me to accept all that without question but find something odd about something as unimportant as female/male inmate separation


Also about Deadman Wonderland
It would have been on this top 10 list if not for the disappointing ending
I hope that theres another season or maybe a movie coming to properly conclude it but i havent heard anything about it
I havent read the manga but had thought about it after the ending to the anime, i ended up not reading it because the anime ends on chapter 21 and theres like 51 chapters, and im too lazy to read 30 chapters
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Top 10 favorite anime   Wed May 23, 2012 6:11 pm

Btw, for Mirai Nikki there's a different ending in the Manga. It was the ending i wanted and was expecting. Here it is.
http://www.mangareader.net/mirai-nikki/59/35

I started watching Stein's Gate. Seems interesting, but do you know where i can watch it in good quality. Ive tried a few sites and its all the same weak quality.
Back to top Go down
olonavy
Corporal
Corporal



PostSubject: Re: Top 10 favorite anime   Wed May 23, 2012 10:13 pm

I showed this to Bacon and he told me it was the greatest anime hes seen:



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz7X0Cmmq38

IS THIS WHAT YOURE ASHAMED OF SEREN?


Last edited by olonavy on Thu May 24, 2012 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Moderator
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Top 10 favorite anime   Thu May 24, 2012 1:07 am

Maybe we should tell them seren
I talked about number 10 on my list and that went pretty well
So maybe this will to
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Top 10 favorite anime   Tue May 29, 2012 7:55 am

Im only at episode 12 of steins Gate and so far i have a shitload of questions. I like the show, but i don't think i understand everything. Maybe thats on purpose, so that the show can answer all my questions later.
Back to top Go down
 
Top 10 favorite anime
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Your Favorite Anime Opening
» Favorite Anime
» Your favorite anime?
» What are your favorite painting sites?
» What is your favorite BF2 kit ?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan TMMM :: Movies, TV, and Anime :: Anime-
Jump to: