LoL

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kallock
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: LoL   Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:56 pm

no League of Legends section? Sad
i think the majority of tmmm or mazers actually went to LoL, its just none of them use forums.

List of LoLers:
Me, KevKevQaz, oLoNaVy, hlwrocer, TorchBeast, Knight_of_Godz, Shizzznit, giggity, Brock95, Shants, Kev's bro and my bro (even though they didnt maze), oh and No_Skillz is starting to try to play.

So we have about 10+ active people (usually on every day)
Back to top Go down
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: LoL   Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:29 pm

Giggity, torch and shizz?
I havent seen them in years
If they came here wanting to post about LoL i guess i could add another section
Back to top Go down
Kallock
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: LoL   Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:56 am

pat, you and seren should play LoL with all the gang! Very Happy

what were the things you disliked about LoL anyway? wasnt one reason that the minimap was on the bottom right? you know you can change that right?
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: LoL   Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:30 am

DONT DO IT PAT, FIGHT IT!!! DONT JOIN THEIR FIENDISH GAME
Back to top Go down
BandaIar
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: LoL   Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:01 pm

LOL gets so boring

Also they don't have a hero like the enchantress who was my favorite in dota cause she was so op
Back to top Go down
Kallock
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: LoL   Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:25 pm

Bandalar wrote:
cause she was so op
so you think LoL gets boring because there isnt an op hero? isnt that a good thing?
Back to top Go down
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: LoL   Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:27 pm

I think the "Also" implies a different thought, unrelated to why its boring
And the part after Also was probably a joke

Also, the minimap was something i disliked, but wasnt why i didnt like the game (see "Also" is a different thought here)

I dont like the game because you only get 10 heroes unless you pay or put alot of time into the game
I hate when features are locked unless you pay (or are forced to play without them) when those features are basic things like characters
Im fine with having to unlock characters, but not when its possible to just pay and get them all

And the recipie system was too much like DOTA's and not enough like HoNs
Back to top Go down
Knight of Gods
Commander
Commander

PostSubject: Re: LoL   Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:07 am

after playing a couple of games where paying can get you stuff and what not ive gotten used to it

generally i just see the people who pay real money as kids with no skill and need their parents credit card to do anything

i agree LboL gets boring... if you play the same hero. i play a different hero almost every game and saying theres only 10 free heroes is true but those 10 change every week

usually by the end of the week im bored with the heroes but then its a new week and its different

i view the unlocking of the characters more as a reward

compared to some games ive played the ability to buy the heroes instead of unlocking them isnt as bad as when the stuff you can get from paying is better than anything you can get without paying
Back to top Go down
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: LoL   Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:40 pm

i probably wont ever play LoL but i think it should get its own section
i mean the only people who are definitely gonna play portal are pat and knight and that has its own section

theres 10 people who definitely play LoL and even if they only go on some of the time thats still pretty good. worst case scenario you just scrap it if its never used
Back to top Go down
Pat1487

PostSubject: LoL   Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:56 pm

Knight of Gods wrote:
after playing a couple of games where paying can get you stuff and what not ive gotten used to it
Ive played many games like that to, and i still hate the ones where basic features like characters are pay or unlockable
The more people get used to stupid stuff like that the more it will happen

Knight of Gods wrote:
generally i just see the people who pay real money as kids with no skill and need their parents credit card to do anything
Exactly, why should kids with no skill get stuff right away while people with skill have to spend time using stuff they dont want to unlock the same stuff
Thats another problem with games that have micro-transactions, its fine if those bonuses are something small, but not when its basic things like characters

Knight of Gods wrote:
i agree LboL gets boring... if you play the same hero. i play a different hero almost every game and saying theres only 10 free heroes is true but those 10 change every week
usually by the end of the week im bored with the heroes but then its a new week and its different
Yeah but you don't have any say in which heroes you get to pick from
The ones you get to pick from my not be your play style so theres a whole week where you have to play in a way that isnt fun for you

Knight of Gods wrote:
i view the unlocking of the characters more as a reward
Not when people can just pay for them with no unlocking needed
If people could just buy official Olympic medals or purple hearts it would de-value the award and anger people

Serenity09 wrote:
i probably wont ever play LoL but i think it should get its own section
i mean the only people who are definitely gonna play portal are pat and knight and that has its own section

theres 10 people who definitely play LoL and even if they only go on some of the time thats still pretty good. worst case scenario you just scrap it if its never used

The reason Portal got its own section was cause the 1 topic for it was about too many things (which is why i was double/tripple posting)
Minecraft got its own section for the same reason (i didnt double post as much there though)

If a thread with a general theme begins to be about too many things it will get its own sub-section
Back to top Go down
BandaIar
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: LoL   Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:25 pm

Kallock wrote:
so you think LoL gets boring because there isnt an op hero? isnt that a good thing?

Yea I was just saying that they don't have a hero like her, thats not why i think its boring I just think Dota is better in general
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]232
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: LoL   Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:44 pm

Let me give you a simple example of why LoL is not as good as Dota.

Pokemon Cards > Hello Kitty Cards
Dota = Pokemon Cards and LoL = Hello Kitty Cards, Why? Because Dota has much more awesome looking characters.

Second example.

Yu-Gi-Oh Cards > Pokemon Cards
In this example Dota = Yu-Gi-Oh Cards because they have more violent characters and easily relate where as LoL = Pokemon Cards because it has stupid anime heros/characters that look like shit and make you feel like a god dam panzi when playing.

Thus the two examples of why Dota > LoL
Back to top Go down
Knight of Gods
Commander
Commander

PostSubject: Re: LoL   Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:30 am

Pat1487 wrote:
Knight of Gods wrote:
Yeah but you don't have any say in which heroes you get to pick from
The ones you get to pick from my not be your play style so theres a whole week where you have to play in a way that isnt fun for you

er pat the free heroes are always set types, like theres always a tank a ranged DPS, a mage, a support, a bruiser usually 2 of each so theres always a hero that would fit your "playstyle"

not like they just say "hey lets have 10 tanks this week!"

AmAzIn[G]232 wrote:
Let me give you a simple example of why LoL is not as good as Dota.

Pokemon Cards > Hello Kitty Cards
Dota = Pokemon Cards and LoL = Hello Kitty Cards, Why? Because Dota has much more awesome looking characters.

Second example.

Yu-Gi-Oh Cards > Pokemon Cards
In this example Dota = Yu-Gi-Oh Cards because they have more violent characters and easily relate where as LoL = Pokemon Cards because it has stupid anime heros/characters that look like shit and make you feel like a god dam panzi when playing.

Thus the two examples of why Dota > LoL

firstly from this statement i know you have never played hello kitty cards, they fking own.

but it always bugs me when people say stuff like this, how its better because of better graphics.

ok sure i admit better graphics are nice and all but you arent playing to say "man thats some nice artwork there" your playing for the gameplay (unless your weird i suppose) not to start any kind of console war but when people say "omg xbox360 is better than wii bc wii has suxy graphics" is just a weak excuse this is like saying - person is ugly therefore they must be boring and stupid - person is beautiful therefore they must be fun and nice and smart

want graphics? go play crysis or watch star wars 1-3. ill stick to half life and star wars 4-6 thank you.
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]232
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: LoL   Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:58 pm

Knight of Gods wrote:
firstly from this statement i know you have never played hello kitty cards, they fking own.

but it always bugs me when people say stuff like this, how its better because of better graphics.

ok sure i admit better graphics are nice and all but you arent playing to say "man thats some nice artwork there" your playing for the gameplay (unless your weird i suppose) not to start any kind of console war but when people say "omg xbox360 is better than wii bc wii has suxy graphics" is just a weak excuse this is like saying - person is ugly therefore they must be boring and stupid - person is beautiful therefore they must be fun and nice and smart

want graphics? go play crysis or watch star wars 1-3. ill stick to half life and star wars 4-6 thank you.

>Going into graphic design and fine arts. I look at games differently than you guys lol. If the graphic art/design sucks then 80-90% of the time I can't stand it and won't play it.

>A game like LoL had every opportunity in the world to release a game without anime models or stupid graphics, but they chose against it to appeal to all ages, why? Because the game is just selling out, which is what games are supposed to do to an extent. Games that sell out but are also very well done are good games. LoL made the choice to use shitty model/hero designs to appeal to all ages and thus the games reputation in my eyes has been renewed.
>They worry more about the money than making a good game which is the most annoying thing in the world.

So don't give me the judging a book. When a company has every opportunity to make a game great and they don't then it isn't worth the time for others to play their games.

Back to top Go down
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: LoL   Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:17 am

AmAzIn[G]232 wrote:
>Going into graphic design and fine arts. I look at games differently than you guys lol. If the graphic art/design sucks then 80-90% of the time I can't stand it and won't play it.
So if it doesnt meet your definition of good art it sucks
No, its not even that, its more like anything that doesnt meet your definition of bad art is good
And part of your definition of bad art is anime, based on the fact that you beleive all anime is for little kids

There are books, movies, tv shows, and games that are for little kids, there are also some for adults
Anime is the same way

But if you mean it as purely based on looks, completely disregarding the content, then you are just shallow

AmAzIn[G]232 wrote:
>A game like LoL had every opportunity in the world to release a game without anime models or stupid graphics, but they chose against it to appeal to all ages, why? Because the game is just selling out, which is what games are supposed to do to an extent.
It doesn't appeal to all ages though, people 50+ and people 14-18 (in specific but common circumstances) wouldnt find it appealing
50+ wouldnt understand it and 14-18 would find it uncool (as in they think its for little kids, or that its nerdy, or that its not CoD)

They chose their art style not to appeal to all ages and sell out but because thats the art style they went with
They went for a more colorful style and i think it works better for DOTA type games, makes it easier to see whos doing what and whats happening to who

AmAzIn[G]232 wrote:
Games that sell out but are also very well done are good games. LoL made the choice to use shitty model/hero designs to appeal to all ages and thus the games reputation in my eyes has been renewed.
>They worry more about the money than making a good game which is the most annoying thing in the world.
Name one game that sold out and was also very well done

If LoL only wanted money they wouldnt let you play for free at all
And/Or they would make the heroes unlockable, forcing people to pay for the heroes no matter what

AmAzIn[G]232 wrote:
So don't give me the judging a book. When a company has every opportunity to make a game great and they don't then it isn't worth the time for others to play their games.

You are judging a book by its cover, you said it yourself:
"If the graphic art/design sucks then 80-90% of the time I can't stand it and won't play it."
That is what people mean when they use the phrase "judging a book by its cover"

Many others play their game, so its not like they didnt take any opportunities to make their game good
Just because you dont like it doesnt make it unworthy of people playing it

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: LoL   Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:29 am

pat, stop shitting on amaz

amaz, stop trolling everyone else
Back to top Go down
Knight of Gods
Commander
Commander

PostSubject: Re: LoL   Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:20 pm

it took me 20-30 seconds to figure out whether pat was insulting me or amaz with that last spoiler

and saying anime is only for kids... well some of the animes ive seen would scar children (none 4 you mark)

seren, stop telling people what to do

(hypocrisy ftw)
Back to top Go down
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: LoL   Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:33 pm

<3
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander

PostSubject: Re: LoL   Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:39 pm

Serenity09 wrote: